• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bootywear

Reaction score
Hey guys, doing a poll and would like to know what it is you look for in underwear.

Cut, style, color, design, cost, etc.

what do you like and dislike about underwear?

c_omeara

Reaction score
Personally I like boxer briefs or square cuts, I find they provide more support for the boys. Personally, I tend to stay away from crazy colors, I generally go with blacks greys, and white if its Calvin Klein. Great brands are Tommy John and Calvin Klein. Hope this helps!

Edit: I look for quality of fabric, comfort, and support

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer boxer briefs - best overall design. You don't want them bunching up nor do you want the waist rolling over (yes I have a gut now). Cheaper pairs will do both. I really have grown to prefer non cotton. About a year ago I switched to MeUndies - great quality. Any of the quality pairs are going to cost more than you think they should, but it's worth it if they're still comfortable 4 years later. I also like companies like meundies because you can stick to basic colors or get whatever - and you can get what you want. Often when you buy from more traditional companies you don't get the option to mix and match - you either get a pack of grey or a mix pack they put together for you.

I do love my ex officio though for camping - cool, comfortable, quick drying and don't stink if you wear a couple days.

papa kot

Reaction score
Depends on the job you want your underwear to do.

The best overall fit is boxer brief or square cut. No piling of the fabric. Just the right support for the boys. Tommy John, Icebreakers Merino are my favorites. If you're on the budget, try Fruit of the Loom from Target. Save a lot without sacrificing much in quality.

If you want something for lounging around the house. Then traditional boxers. Get the best cotton you can afford.

Carl60

Reaction score
Hey guys, doing a poll and would like to know what it is you look for in underwear.

Cut, style, color, design, cost, etc.

what do you like and dislike about underwear?
I use to wear boxers. Then I tried boxer briefs. They were ok. I wanted to try something really different so I got a thong. I discovered thongs take a little getting used to wearing. I also discovered size is very important. Ultimately cotton thongs are the most comfortable. I also found cotton, cheeky, string bikinis to be very comfortable. IKINGSKY and JJSox found on Amazon are my favorites. I will never wear boxers again!

neminat

Reaction score
I prefer boxer briefs and really like 32 degrees pairs i have gotten from costco. Never heard of them before this, but they are on the pricier end full price and direct. They are really cheap from Costco when they are there. I also have a few pairs of exefficio, but honestly dont like them as much as the 32 degrees

Here is the costco link - https://www.costco.com/32-degrees-men's-boxer-brief,-3-pack.product.100509271.html

Panama

Reaction score
Boxers in luxurious cottons such as Sea Island, Giza 70, or Filo di Scozia preferably double mercerized. With a covered elastic band, looking at you Sunspel...

popeye123

Reaction score
I prefer boxer briefs and really like 32 degrees pairs i have gotten from costco. Never heard of them before this, but they are on the pricier end full price and direct. They are really cheap from Costco when they are there. I also have a few pairs of exefficio, but honestly dont like them as much as the 32 degrees

Here is the costco link - https://www.costco.com/32-degrees-men's-boxer-brief,-3-pack.product.100509271.html

Yeah boxer are the way to go. Just enough modesty and comfort. Will check out 32 degrees.

Gentlemens's Era

Reaction score
I prefer boxer briefs! I personally have two kinds of boxers. I have my every day (working, working out, everyday life style) boxers, then I have my fancy boxers (for dates, going out, etc).

For my everyday boxers, I love Kirkland boxer briefs. 95% cotton and 5% spandex. They are so comfortable, great fabric and price is amazing.

As for my fancy boxers, I love the Calvin Klein boxer briefs!

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Panama

Reaction score
Hi guys! I have a lot of preferences right now. I was starting with boxers from Calvin Klein and ending with cotton underwear, which is pretty comfy. In the past ten years, I haven't used any different brand and material. When you found your favorite product, you cannot stop using it. In this case, one year ago when I wanted to make a special gift for my fiance. I just looked on shop.join-eby.com and found some good options there. I'm glad that my wife liked it.
Huh?

jack webb

Reaction score
I get my briefs at Marshall's. Usually Polo or Calvin Klein, but will settle for just about any brand in my size that can be retrieved from the pigpile that is often the underwear rack. I also buy them a couple sizes too large so that they shrink down to a comfortable fit.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sloggi, there is nothing better in material and fit especially if you have a big package.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Under Armour Boxer Briefs/Boxer Jocks, no idea what technical nonsense they are made out of but they are awesome and last forever

Great for active jobs/workouts

Super comfortable and cheap

I used to wear cotton designer brands, now I only buy these, the socks last too but only for the gym/hiking boots or work boots

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads