• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

underwear lines

Draddy

Reaction score
Hey, don't post much, but I'm a big fan of these forums. I have 4 pairs of nudie jeans, which are my only sets of jeans. Because of this, they get worn quite often. Because I don't wash them, I would never go commando in them...but being the cheap-ass that I am, I didn't buy new underwear when I got them. Each of the jeans are on the tight side, so the boxer-briefs I was wearing has started to show
frown.gif
I now have circles about half way down my thigh where the underwear leg holes were. I went and bought a hundred bucks worth of new underwear that can be worn with tighter jeans, but the damage has already been done. Is there anything i can do to reverse the underwear line? It's not faded, it just looks like a crease in the pants (like underwear lines look normally) I heard you can't iron jeans, so I didn't try that. Any ideas? thanks!

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
post pictures of this, this sounds hilarious

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1

And I think that's why thongs were invented.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ha, i hope this is a joke! they're just jeans, so wear them and if it still bothers you then maybe borrow your girlfriend's thong and that will rid you of those pesky pantylines...

PolePosition

Reaction score
You can either wash them or iron them. Both will get out the crease (if its just a crease and not fade). Dunno where you have heard you can't iron jeans but I've ironed all of my jeans at least once, both pre-distressed and raw denim to no ill effect.

Draddy

Reaction score
no, it's a serious issue facing America today. America's youth is being run over with underwear lines. But seriously, its not visible enough to photograph, I really was just asking if you can iron jeans and was trying to make is sound as dramatic a possible. oh and courtesy of the WAYWT thread, this is what underwear lines look like (it could just be his pockets are bunched up.)
P2270491.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Underwear lines = the next cock fadez

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please please, before you take any remedial actions, post some pics.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
those are pocket bag fades not underwear lines

I don't think jeans could possibly fit tight enough to get underwear lines, and stay that tight? how tight are your jeans fitting?

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Either your jeans are too tight or your underwear is too lose, or a combination thereof.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually noticed this when I wore some random pair of boxer briefs which randomly had a really thick hem, didn't wear them enough to get a serious crease. Iron it out or let your jeans get rained on.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I can't see how this is possible unless you sized down 7 for eason fit.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
seriously I think you are confusing pocket bag fades for underwear fades. unless your jeans are like 10% spandex they will not be tight enough at the thigh to get underwear line fades

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads