• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understanding labels, & what they mean "for dummies"

RandyAlanis

Reaction score
I've been trying r get into reading labels lately. & although I can read them..I don't quite understand them. Like ok. 60 grams of sugar in "X" item. I'm trying to determine what's a good daily intake or the "norm" so I can limit my intake or carbs & all that other stuff along the way learning what carbs are..lol

When I see saturated fat, fat from calories, total fat..my mind just goes blank lol

Would anyone happen to have a helpful link or chart to break all that down for someone such as myself who never cared about labels or eating healthy up until..recently -_-

Thanks for any info & your time in advanced..!

- Randy from Texas!

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
labels for dummies

the edible stuff is usually found inside

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(triple-post?!)

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(triple-post?!)

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Protein and carb amounts should be related to body weight and activity level. For "sugars," over 50 grams or so for a meal can be bad, depending on the activity level just before or soon afterwards and how much protein, fat, and fiber are consumer with it. There is controversy about the healthfulness of saturated fats, though clearly extreme levels thereof should be avoided and, for example, the saturated from grass-fed cows is healtheir than the fat in typical beef. Dozens of grams of fat in one serving is never a good thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads