1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Undershirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by atoms, Oct 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. atoms

atoms Senior member

I'm fed up with them and seeking assistance. I've avoided them as much as possible for most of my adult life (I'm in my middle thirties). I am 5"10', 160 lbs, with very narrow shoulders, very small chest, and 32" waist. Imagine a skinny man with little muscle mass and a small belly, that's me.

I avoid undershirts because they always feel uncomfortable when tucked in along with my shirt. My main issues seem to be:
    • Undershirt not long enough (I want them to tuck in deeper).
    • Undershirt too loose in sleeve area or chest area (folds become visible).
    • Material too thick (This bugs me at the waist as it untucks over time and starts bunching up).
    • Cheaply made (e.g. the neck area stretches out)

What affordable undershirts or features should I be looking at? I've tried a lot of brands over the years but none have been right yet. For comparison; the latest shirt I've tried are those pima shirts with 4% spandex at Banana Republic in size medium. They are loose fitting, and not long enough, but they are nice otherwise. Many shirts have the fit I need in a size small but then the length is a huge issue.

Thank you for your suggestions or tips.

2. mudderfudder77

mudderfudder77 Member

You need to find slim fit 'Mediums' in tall sizes. Banana Republic sells Medium-Talls. They'll be plenty long enough for you to tuck in.

Failing that - look to buy 'compression shirts'. They'll fit snug and are unlikely to come untucked.