• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Undershirt?

phaseshift

Reaction score
how many of you guys wear undershirts(like a t shirt) underneath a shirt etc..? or wife beaters?

KBW

Reaction score
I rarely do but did today due to how cold it was outside and I had a good ways to walk

JonB27

Reaction score
I do on occasion depending on what I'm wearing. I wear V-necks not crew.

phaseshift

Reaction score
how bout for button up shirts? do you wear the v neck so it wont show up underneath

RedLetterDay

Reaction score
I usually always wear an undershirt beneath my button-downs.

phaseshift

Reaction score
are there different type of undershirts as in how thin the fabric is? or do you guys just use regular hanes?

Crakaveli

Reaction score
i use ribbedtees.com specifically for undershirts

Hummingbird

Reaction score
In terms of what to buy, Target's Merona brand is excellent. Get the stretch version of the crew/normal version if you can. (Vnecks are better for dress shirts, but they do not make a stretch vneck.) They are much softer and more durable than Hanes.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always wear undershirts.
When I discovered cheap 2(x)ist undershirts at TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Ross, etc... I haven't really worn any other brand since.
They are thin but can take the abuse of being worn and washed on a weekly basis.
It is also fit just right, not too lose, not too tight.
Some might feel it is too short to stay tucked in when worn with a dress shirt but I do fine with it.

cmrocks

Reaction score
I never have because I find they show through most of my shirts and I don't like the way it looks.

minus

Reaction score
Always. I just don't like wearing a dress shirt without one. Generally, speaking, I never like wearing a button up shirt without one. Or a polo, for that matter.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. If I'm buttoning all but the top button, I'll wear a v-neck. However, if I have 2+ buttons unbuttoned, I usually do a crew neck.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a v-neck underneath the shirts I wear to work but when I go out I generally just wear a weifebeater underneath. I will occasionally wear a v-neck under shirts when I go out but I generally leave a few buttons on the shirt unbuttoned so you can see the v neck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics