1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

UnderShirt with a Polo?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by apoirier594, Aug 14, 2011.

1. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

You could just wear a v-neck and get the same benefits with regard to sweat.

2. AMG1

AMG1 Senior member

I don't know why people get all excited about this issue. But GoldenTribe stubbornly looking for a reason to justify wearing something that looks shit is quite stupid as well. There might be reasons why people do it but from a looks perspective wearing one is just inacceptable. There are so many people who wear it and it is visible just makes it worse.

3. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

FWIW I wear an undershirt under EVERYTHING including tee shirts(which i admit is a bit weird) but under dress shirts and polos, it is essential for me. it is a comfort thing.

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Active Member

I wear an A-shirt underneath a polo shirt.

5. Eric Schmidt

Eric Schmidt New Member

I just lost a lot of weight and am rail thin. Bought a white Nike Golf shirt. Funny for such a macho item but like everything in apparel it is totally draped for a skinny form. Partly transparent so the body is visible. Hangs great and meant to drape loosely from the body, not be faced against another fabric. It is completely obvious to me that the golf shirt was designed to be worn without an undershirt.

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

wow, i remember this from 4 years ago.

1. I apologize for what i said before, it sounded a little racist there, I was being snobby but i do hate this topic.

2. I still stand by my earlier point, this is really infuriating to me.

Are you Chad from IT or accounting? Are you Andrew who's going golfing after work but couldn't be bothered to change? are you Jimbob in grade 11 going for a class photo? Come on people.

Look it's a t-shirt more or less with two buttons. It's not some sort of 'fancy' shirt with buttons all the way down (ooooh aaaahhh). So wearing a white crew neck t-shirt, or hell even a v-neck or sleeveless undershirt underneath a polo is totally dorkus 101. You're basically wearing 2 shirts together. You might as well be wearing 2 polos together. and lastly, especially if it's a sports fabric and brand, i mean come on, please don't wear your oversized nike sheer fabric polo shirt to the office like it's appropriate given that most people are wearing at least CBD shirts and pressed wool or cotton pants, occasionally sportscoats.

If you're cold, put on a different shirt or a sweater/jacket. If you're trying not to sweat, either deal with it, or change your shirt, having two isn't going to change that. If you're trying to preserve your 'nice polo', you're clearly overestimating how nice a polo shirt can be and entirely missing the point of that shirt, it's a casual sports shirt.

Don't get me wrong, i own several polo shirts, but I don't have big ugly logos on them, I don't wear them with shoulder seams hanging 2-3 inches too low, I don't wear thin sheer synthetic athletic/sports versions around town, and I certainly don't wear an undershirt under my shirts.

and if anyone digs up that thread from years ago where I suggested wearing a polo shirt with a tie i might have to kill you (j/k)

7. blahman

blahman Senior member

Wow,I remember this from yonks so too and I stand by my previous comment: why does it even matter?!

8. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

[​IMG]