• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNDERCOVER JUN TAKAHASHI

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
U

Discussion, runway pics, interviews, articles, pictures of your sick Undercover items, sizing questions, stockists, rakuten finds, etc.

SW&D doesn't seem to have an Undercover thread so I decided to make one. Why now? Well looking at Spring / Summer 2016, which is a greatest hits collection of sorts, had me thinking about all the cool old **** they've done. That and the new-ish, slightly more laid back, John Undercover line looks pretty close to how I want to dress right now.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my favs of undercover:

A customer of the Undercover Sendai store lost their jacket in the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake & Tsunami... only to find it a week later, wash and recondition it, and wear it again.
A good lesson in not babying leather goods

Gyakusou tights

The diaplex parka, which still eludes me:

Everything about FW09. My wife has the best knit dress from this season, I'll post it up later!!

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the worst of undercover:

what does this apple do?

this leek zip-up case is awesome, but I'm not paying $60 for it and I have zero idea what I would store in a bag shaped like this

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leeks? That's a spring onion / scallion zip case surely! I kinda love the really random stuff they do.

Also love my Undercover ethnic print messenger bag, great mix of practicality and over the top adornment.

grails:

more grails:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as best / worst - there's some really dope looking reinterpretations of old pieces in SS16, but then there's the Star Wars ****. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars but a Jedi snapback looks pretty wack.

And I don't even want to think about what an over-sized Chewbacca tee is going to cost

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you even discuss the best of Undercover without mentioning Underman and his battles with Mashra and Pyranoid and his infinity cutter? I love these characters so much. Would love to get a hold of the action figures.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this crazy camouflage coat that has images of Osama Bin Laden and Bush hidden in the camo.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you even discuss the best of Undercover without mentioning Underman and his battles with Mashra and Pyranoid and his infinity cutter? I love these characters so much. Would love to get a hold of the action figures.

Woah they did action figures for that? I've seen pictures of the trading cards before. Love that season.

Been tempted to get one of the long blazers (or should that be short coat?) from Underman seen them a few times on Rak (in darker colors also)

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cool thread. This look is great. What season/line is this?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you even discuss the best of Undercover without

Thermotron cashmere-blend duffle with taped seams:

shaggy herringbone tweed inside-out band jacket:

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jun Takahashi use to have an instagram but it changed to Undercover_Lab, UC's official IG. I would recommend following it if you're interested in the brand as they post news and cool things without spamming you. UC does a ton of collabs, popups, and promotional work that never make it out of Japan, so it's worth checking out.

I also recommend listening to some of the musical influences of Jun Takahashi, as they deeply inspire him. You really see it all over his work in the form of lyrics, images, and other subtleties. Guy has a excellent taste for music.

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still regret missing UC's 25th anniversary party. thom yorke was the surprise guest

Last edited:

Beedub

Reaction score
Never really had much to do with the brand, mainly due to how small a lot of it seems to fit (and how pricey it can be over here in the UK) but I recently got the Carhartt collab chore coat which is great, looking forward to the temperature dropping (which I guess is one of the benefits of living in the UK- poor weather is always around the corner!).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads