• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Under the weather

Brian SD

Reaction score
Hey any health nuts out there... As the topic might suggest, I've been feeling pretty scheissty recently, and I am just looking for a general way to reduce symptoms or get rid of it all together.. I think I have your typical cold, and it's normally not too much of an inhibitor but the lack of energy is really hurting my sex life the past few days
sad.gif
This is mainly why I ask... I would like to know if there are specific vitamins or food types that would help lower the length of sickness or just reduce symptoms in general (stuffy/runny nose, shivers, sensitive skin, always tired). Does echinacea help this at all? If anyone has some advice, I would really appreciate it.

alaaro

Reaction score
A couple years ago, I started taking Centrum Performance vitamins every day. Its got gingko and some other stuff to help with added energy. It's definitely been working, I find sometimes even on not enough sleep, I can still keep chugging along.

I also got a recommendation recently to take extra vitamin C, above and beyond whats in the vitamins. So I take an additional 1000mg per day. As one who majored in biology, I know that extra vitamins just get peed out, but since I started 3 months ago, I have not felt ill at all. I am usually good for a couple colds/allergy attacks/flu bouts a year, and since I've been on extra Vitamin C, I've felt great.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Appreciated. I heard Vitamin C helps. I'm gonna go Overdose
smile.gif

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really, just lots of rest and drink lots of fluids

rothko

Reaction score
Move to California.  Seriously.  I've been sick here in Cambridge more times in 9 months than I had been in California for 6 years.  Yes, the East Coast sucks.
No kidding. I've thought I've been through a lot of crappy Cambridge winters/springs, but this years takes the cake. When its not snowing, its raining, etc. I know of atleast half a dozen people who've been seriously sick this winter (week long bout of the flu/strep/etc.). When I graduate in June, I'm leaving cambridge and never coming back...

Hmm.. on second thought, maybe illness is related to stress induced by school...

F4iryder14

Reaction score
Echinacea can be very helpful, but its main use is to curb the intensity of a cold. Therefore it is very helpful to take when the symptoms start, but is not much use when the cold really starts to kick in. If I catch it early and start taking it, I have had pretty good results.

Kevin

Brian SD

Reaction score
Move to California. Â Seriously. Â I've been sick here in Cambridge more times in 9 months than I had been in California for 6 years. Â Yes, the East Coast sucks.
Already there
smile.gif
Echinacea can be very helpful, but its main use is to curb the intensity of a cold. Therefore it is very helpful to take when the symptoms start, but is not much use when the cold really starts to kick in. If I catch it early and start taking it, I have had pretty good results
Thanks for the input. I started taking Echinacea on monday, and the symptoms have been very mild compared to what I usually end up with. Perhaps the intensity of the virus isn't as bad as usual, but it's definitely worth trying again
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads