• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Under $100 office/desk chair?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I know this is cheap for the forum, but anyone have any suggestions?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your best bet is probably used...businesses that fail often have lots of nice chairs to sell off
smile.gif
If you wan't to avoid the Office Depot/Max special, you could try Costco which I have seen carry a few decent chairs (dunno abuot the price though). Otherwise, you may have an office furniture outlet type place near you (or a room and board outlet) that will have a random selection but often very good prices. My chair (Herman miller caper like this but in blue) was bought at a store like this for a VERY good deal. The benefit of a nicer chair is that it is going to far outlast a junky one and serve you better...I actually damaged the back piece of my chair when moving and it was replaced no questions asked without a recipt by a Herman Miller service center (they sent me a giant prepaid box for the chair but in the end I just had them send me the part and I replaced it myself)

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
craigslist

+1. When people have to move, you'll find some great deals.

ms244

Reaction score
SteelCase tanker desk will last through a nuclear holocaust.

***** to move up stairs though (....ask me how I know).

Should be like $10 or $20 for a nice one.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Depending on what you want, but for 100$ I don't think you are after something exceptionally comfortable or stylish, I would set a budget for something like 15 -25$ for a used but good quality chair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads