1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Uncool dad needs jeans shopping help

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jmatt, Sep 9, 2006.

1. fastrunningmom

fastrunningmom Active Member

The results are in: A&F and AE, with a trip to Hollister.

Those are all good choices for that age group. Good luck!

Just in case you are still wondering . . .those are all stores who only carry their own brand and those brands can only be found in those stores. A&F and Hollister are both owned by the same company. A&F is a little pricier, but the styles (California beach?) are pretty similar. AE is perhaps a little "Peppier," but that may have changed since the last time I was in there.

Again, good luck, and enjoy the adventure!

2. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

You missed the point j. I asked this crowd if they had awareness of current teen trends, because I believe this crowd is younger than me, and less far removed. My son mentioned Hollister, for example, which I had never even heard of. I didn't know if it was a store, or a brand carried in other stores.

The results are in: A&F and AE, with a trip to Hollister.

He'll know what he wants when he sees it. I just needed to know where to drive the car. [​IMG]

Thanks for the help all.

I would advise you buying your son Hollister instead of A&F. A&F created the brand Hollister because the targeted demographics (college kids) were upset their younger (jr and high school) siblings were wearing the A&F brand. Hollister was created to give the younger kids something to wear. I know, anyone can wear anything you want, but even if you say "screw target demographics", I think Hollister clothes are cheaper. Also, go for AE too.

3. sonick

sonick Senior member

Thanks guys. Helpful. I'm not real price sensitive (but he's not getting $200-$1,000 jeans). What's the current concept? Buy dark jeans, never wash them, and watch them fade? Heck - maybe I'll even buy a pair. To me denim was always denim. Without being real jeans-fashion conscious, what is one looking for in general? (If someone can point me to a "primer" thread, I'll read that. Most of this forum is way over my head) Thanks again.
    Up here in Canada, American Eagle has one low-rise straight fit that is in a dark 'one-rinse' raw wash. The fit looks pretty nice. I've been wanting to get a pair for myself, but my local AE doesn't have my size [​IMG]