1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Uncle Otis - Official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 2, 2009.

1. UOtis

UOtis Member

Why would there be? Aren't you paying in CAD using your credit card, then your credit card doing the CAD/USD conversion for you at their rate?
    Just to clarify for our US customers. When paying with a US credit card, because our prices are in CA$, your credit card company will automatically convert the amount for you - hence you pay a lower price in the end because the US$ is worth more than the CA$

2. hossoso

hossoso Well-Known Member

I really like the Reigning Champ stuff, I had never heard of it before this thread.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Those velour striped tshirts are really pretty

4. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Well-Known Member

I really like the Reigning Champ stuff, I had never heard of it before this thread.
    +1 I love the contrast polos.

5. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Uncle Otis is a great store.

6. wttm

wttm Well-Known Member

How do I get the styleforum discount if I were to walk in?

7. Mazda

Mazda Well-Known Member

It's a long shot but there is this thing called conversation and human contact. You might try that.

Are you really so cheap/afraid of asking in person that you must glean some secret password as confirmation you will receive a discount prior to setting foot in the store?

Mauro was right to hate what the SF discount hath wrought.

8. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Well-Known Member

Is this a serious question?

9. wttm

wttm Well-Known Member

Is this a serious question?

As for as I know Donell never gave out discounts in store so yes its a serious question.
    Do you walk in UO telling them an online coupon code to give you a discount?

P.S. as for the hate, i never abused any discount whatsoever so yeah keep on hating.

10. Mazda

Mazda Well-Known Member

P.S. as for the hate, i never abused any discount whatsoever so yeah keep on hating.

Not my point at all but WOW. Just....wow.

11. wttm

wttm Well-Known Member

Not my point at all but WOW. Just....wow.

keep wowing

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

As for as I know Donell never gave out discounts in store so yes its a serious question.
    Do you walk in UO telling them an online coupon code to give you a discount?

To answer the original question, I don't know, but Donnell is a good guy, and really nice, even for a Canadian, so asking him will probably not get you punched. At best, we will say yes, at worst, he will say "Sorry." I would guess that he will honor the SF discount.
    Cheers,

Fok.

13. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I'll play devil's advocate and say it'd be a bit embarrassing to go into a SF affiliate's B&M store and ask about a discount that isn't available. Wouldn't KILL you to be told no, but what's wrong with finding out here beforehand?

14. hossoso

I'll play devil's advocate and say it'd be a bit embarrassing to go into a SF affiliate's B&M store and ask about a discount that isn't available. Wouldn't KILL you to be told no, but what's wrong with finding out here beforehand?

In Mazdas short time here I don't think I have ever seen him pass up an opportunity to be a total dick.

15. Mazda

Mazda Well-Known Member

In Mazdas short time here I don't think I have ever seen him pass up an opportunity to be a total dick.

I like your avatar, it's really cute.

16. hossoso

I like your avatar, it's really cute.

Didn't the Misfits get bought out by Hot Topic in 1995?

17. Mazda

Mazda Well-Known Member

Didn't the Misfits get bought out by Hot Topic in 1995?
    While that is clever, if you were perceptive, the picture is of the Diamond Supply Co "collab" crimson ghost that ironically the "new" misfits (or hot topic perhaps) ordered a cease and desist over.

18. muffinman

muffinman Well-Known Member

Anyone know measurements of the reigning champ t shirts? I'm a medium in american apparel but large in others.

19. UOtis

UOtis Member

Anyone know measurements of the reigning champ t shirts? I'm a medium in american apparel but large in others.

Generally if you are a medium in american apparel, then a medium in Reigning Champ should
    be suitable. RC has a small - true fit to their pcs..

20. UOtis

UOtis Member

To answer the original question, I don't know, but Donnell is a good guy, and really nice, even for a Canadian, so asking him will probably not get you punched. At best, we will say yes, at worst, he will say "Sorry." I would guess that he will honor the SF discount.
    Cheers,

Fok.

As Fok mentioned, asking doesn't hurt. And asking nicely gets you to nice places in life.

But really, depending on what the customers is after - sale product may not see a discount but
    regular priced merchandise i don't see a problem accommodating to styleforum heads..

So don't be shy...