1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

umbro x kim jones

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tweedlesinpink, May 17, 2006.

1. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Well-Known Member

Hey guys i've just been informed of a 50% surplus sale at my local boutique, so i'm headed there in a few days to raid the store for some umbro x kim jones (hopefully).

What i'm on the lookout for are kicks, since my last pair of superstars lasted me 2 years of junior college and absurd late night rambles with friends and other such adventures, but have recently given way just at the littlest toe from sheer wear. Looking at it, i managed to abrade through all that leather through wear.

So i'm wondering if people here have had good times with the umbro x kimjones sneakers? just to give me an idea of whether i should spend my cash on a pair of these, or head for more conventional pumas or le coq sportifs. Also, any recommendations on any of his other designs to look at? I've heard quite a bit about his hoodies.

2. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Well-Known Member

I would definitely take a peek at the entire line. I think it's pretty good-looking sportswear though I know nothing of the make.

3. horriblyjollyjinx

horriblyjollyjinx Well-Known Member

I think the clothes are crappy but some sneakers are nice, mainly because they look like slightly different Stan Smith's.
    I would definitely get a pair at 50% off.

4. tweedlesinpink

Mmkay. I'll keep that in mind when i pop down. I like the aesthetic of the sneakers, very quiet mostly except for his weaves which are pretty tasteful anyway, but i'm more worried about their construction. I'm dumb that way.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Let me know if they have the metal hooded jacket, in S [​IMG]

6. Magic44

Magic44 Member

The sneakers are getting better and better. I had a pair of the new baseball style boots they are doing and they have outlasted my other Stan Smiths. In London the clothes are really highly regarded, Kim is the next big thing. If you want to get anything try www.shotgun.tv, they work straight with the brand so can offer you straight from the warehouse which is pretty cool.

7. Dill

Dill Well-Known Member

I remember my Umbro soccer shorts and shoes. I loved that brand.

8. tweedlesinpink

Let me know if they have the metal hooded jacket, in S [​IMG]

Will do! Can't wait to knock off at work tmr to rush down for the sale. Thanks for the feedback guys

9. tweedlesinpink

spiffy new shoes, but the sharp sides have abraded a bit of my skin off unfortunately. [​IMG] no luck finding the jacket, brian.