Ultravisitor

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by skalogre, Sep 25, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Yes, two years late to the party, but I was listening to some clips from Squarepusher's Ultravisitor and I am intrigued. I hear jazz fusion, musique concrete, acoustic guitar meanderings yet little of his old drill & bass. I know there are some connoisseurs here of electronic & experimental music; what are your thoughs on it?

2. tundrafour

tundrafour Senior member

I love Squarepusher's newer material. The album Music is Rotted One Note is quite experimental and jazzy, moreso than Ultravisitor. I usually feel that my musical taste is rather juvinile and unsophisticated compared to other people here (for example, I have no idea who my favorite Chopin pianist is...), but, for what it's worth, I recommend his recent material much more highly than that of most other primarily electronic artists I've heard.

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I love Squarepusher's newer material. The album Music is Rotted One Note is quite experimental and jazzy, moreso than Ultravisitor. I usually feel that my musical taste is rather juvinile and unsophisticated compared to other people here (for example, I have no idea who my favorite Chopin pianist is...), but, for what it's worth, I recommend his recent material much more highly than that of most other primarily electronic artists I've heard.

I need to look in to that one. I think I heard some previews.

P.s. sophistication is not a one-track thing [​IMG] . At the very least you won't be the only uncouth barbarian here