1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ULTRAGEEKS -The Unoficial Thread (ultra-endurance sports)

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Fueco, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Rather than derail the running thread over and over, here's a new place to discuss all things pertaining to Ultra-Endurance Sports, whether it be running, swimming, cycling, or all three...

2. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

Like the thread.
    The 50 I trained for was pretty easy with training. Many plans out there and most were relatively the same. Lots of 20-25 mile runs, a 50K, and a few 25-30 training runs to practice eating, what foods worked, run / walk pacing, clothes, and shoes. Things went very well and finished with a time and effort I was happy with.
    Things I didn't realize or plan for were after the race. Took an ice bath, ate, drank, went to bed. Good case of edema in right foot a day or two after and lasted for 3-4 days. Just about got now.
    Read alot about compression gear after, icing feet, joints, etc. Elevation of legs after the event. Quite a few things I missed that I'll catch next time.
    I'd be interested to know what others have had success with for recovery efforts after the race. I plan to walk, stretch, light elliptical work, for close to 7-10 days and then slowly get back into running longer.
    I know each person is different in terms of age, body, years running, etc., but what has worked for any of you to have a successful recovery after an ultra event?

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Compression gear during the race and rest, ice, compression and elevation after the race. Kick your feet up and ice them for a couple of days. I always get the swelling bad. After UMWC last year, my feet hurt horribly for a week. The flight home from Kona didn't help!

4. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member