• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate White T-Shirt

otterhound

Reaction score
What are your opinions on (1) the ultimate white T-shirt, price no object and (2) the ultimate white T-shirt, best bang for the buck?

JO3B

Reaction score
polo ralph lauren undershirts

price no object, they're still a little above 5 dollars a pop @ discounted stores

or uniqlo packed white t-shirts
good quality side seamed shirts for 5 dollars and less when you buy 3, it doesn't get much better than this

mizanation

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B
polo ralph lauren undershirts

price no object, they're still a little above 5 dollars a pop @ discounted stores

or uniqlo packed white t-shirts
good quality side seamed shirts for 5 dollars and less when you buy 3, it doesn't get much better than this

for a good t-shirt, i really like calvin klein.

but, co-sign on the uniqlo tees. basically, co-sign on uniqlo anything. in japan, it's looked down upon like Gap is here. but, americans don't know that
smile.gif

one of my japanese friends was complimenting me on my shirt, he thought it was an expensive designer brand, i said, "UNIQLO MUTHAFUCKAH!!!" he couldn't believe it.

otterhound

Reaction score
two questions on the Uniqlo, (1) can you order them via internet for USA delivery; and (2) does your skin color show through the shirts?

dk7m

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otterhound
two questions on the Uniqlo, (1) can you order them via internet for USA delivery; and (2) does your skin color show through the shirts?

1) not from uniqlo directly i believe but correct me if i'm wrong

2) not mine
smile.gif

mizanation

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otterhound

1) no, but i've bought and shipped shirts for someone before. i won't do this again because it's a pain **********. also, the person ended up not liking the fit on them anyways (he was looking for an american apparel style shirt--uniqlo is slightly more boxy).

2) no, skin color doesn't show though.

minya

Reaction score
Price no object? Loopwheeler or 45RPM, for sure, although I haven't felt or worn the 45RPM one myself. Still, I can't imagine they would go wrong.

Loopwheeler is superlative in every sense of the word.

mizanation

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
Price no object? Loopwheeler or 45RPM, for sure, although I haven't felt or worn the 45RPM one myself. Still, I can't imagine they would go wrong.

Loopwheeler is superlative in every sense of the word.

minya, you're absolutely right. how could i forget about the loopwheeler???

familyman

Reaction score
Is loopwheeler obtainable without jumping through crazy hoops? The more I read the more I want to try one.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1) Both bang for the buck and money-no-object are Gap's 100% cotton athletic cut white and off-white tees.

I used to buy Helmut Lang Egyptian cotton white tee's (I probably had six or seven of them) and found that the gap's are cut similarly with cotton not-altogether different. Of course the Gaps are not Egyptian cotton but still fairly good quality. Best of all are Gap's cost about $15.00 or less while Lang is $150.00. Or, I guess I should say "was" since Lang quit but you know what I mean.

In terms of designers, though, Neil Barrett makes a nice, simple tshirt with nice cotton and a great, slim fit. Dunhill also makes a gorgeous mercerized cotton one that feels almost like silk (but, again, it costs about $175). Y-3 makes some stretchy ones that, if you've got a body that can pull it off, look incredibly sexy (I don't have the body to pull it off so they don't work with me). Finally, Y's for men and even Comme des garcons Shirt make some white tees with interesting fabrics or interesting variations on the theme (comme had some white tees with nylon mesh inserts on the sides and under the arms a few seasons back).

John

xcoldricex

Reaction score
yeah i regret not buying more blank LW tees while they had them in stock.

rick owens makes some dope t's but they're pretty sheer and they're $300-$500 a pop.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by familyman
Is loopwheeler obtainable without jumping through crazy hoops? The more I read the more I want to try one.
The soon-to-be reissued Superfuture shirts will be Loopwheelers. Stay tuned for that. If you are a small, jiomitori on this and that board still has a white one for sale, I do believe. GRV1788 often produces their shirts on Loopwheeler stock and they ship to the US. They have some GRV1788 x LW sweatshirts in stock right now.

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by familyman
If you consider using a Japanese buying service like Celga or bid-service a "crazy hoop," then no. Although I have heard the Jack Spade store in NYC carries Loopwheeler, I'm not sure how much given stock they have at any one point.

$500 t-shirts..aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa
tounge.gif

familyman

Reaction score
Gracias. I'm a plain shirt guy, no graphics so the Superfuture shirt is out which is a bummer. I'm also a medium so that's out too. I'll probably look into a buing service in a bit. Thanks.

Reaction score
I consider myself a small/medium sort of fellow and I find a small to be generously cut. If jiomitori's shirt doesn't fit, you can sell it to me at a reduced price!
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads