Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Go visit Robbie at Target and buy a button down you like but isn't over the top obnoxious and get it tailored. I always wonder what people are thinking when they add in descriptives like I am still growing. Do you really want people to know you're a little guy?

Edit: I don't think Robbie works at Target anymore but whatever.

No, I do work at Target... but they don't sell anything cool for someone on a budget at all. Definitely not rad-ass desert boots, or Merona OCBD's, nope... so don't waste your time shopping there go to Wal-mart their selection of fine mens wear is vastly superior to Tarjays...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Also, I live in the Bay Area, so any advice on shopping in San Francisco would also be greatly appreciated.

See the Retail Directory in my sig. SuperFuture has an even more extensive list. http://www.superfuture.com/supertravel/

3. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

No, I do work at Target... but they don't sell anything cool for someone on a budget at all. Definitely not rad-ass desert boots, or Merona OCBD's, nope... so don't waste your time shopping there go to Wal-mart their selection of fine mens wear is vastly superior to Tarjays...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I thought you left there or were fired or something and worked at a sandwich shop? I need my SF soap to tie up it's loose ends.[​IMG]

4. blank

blank Senior member

Identify those mid-priced items that are of much higher quality.

In particular, J. Crew's merino wool is fantastic. I wore their 1/2 zip and full-zip cardigan from this season probably 3 times a week and they still haven't lost their form.

5. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

I am the ultimate noob, and this thread seems made for me. I can summarize my wardrobe quickly:

Well, I could give you a rundown of the standard basics, but that's standard. Do you have any style you swing towards? Any major hobbies/passions?

6. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I thought you left there or were fired or something and worked at a sandwich shop? I need my SF soap to tie up it's loose ends.[​IMG]

you got it all backwards, but thats whatchoo get for being all up in my kool-aid and not even knowings the flava!

check your pms playa

7. Jferg4350

Jferg4350 Senior member

recommend me a cheap sewing machine

8. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

9. PainZtaking

PainZtaking Well-Known Member

slim pants in 29" < 100$

Is it possible?

10. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

What are you looking for? Cords? Denim? Trousers?

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

uniqlo t-000
    levis 511 or 510
    cheap monday tight fit
    kill city
    urban outfitters house brand bdg

Those are all on the skinny side of slim but you didn't specify. All are cheap though. Under $75 and most $50 or under

12. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

^^ absolutely. what kind of pants do you want? khakis? jeans? wool? edit: didn't see chrono's post, but everything he suggested is good.

who makes basic (just cardi, v-neck, crewneck, nothing fancy) sweaters in a variety of colors that would fit well on a guy who is 6'1", 150 lbs, 36" chest? I really like uniqlo, but I don't know if their S would be slim enough/if their XS would be long enough.

13. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

There is about 1 degree of separation between this thread and the "Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here" thread. Same goes for the WAYWT discussion thread. It's just turning into another WAYWN thread. What's the point? I thought we wanted less clutter, not more. [​IMG]

14. whacked

whacked Senior member

re: slim pants, Incotex is much, much better than all of the brands that have been mentioned. With some luck, they can be found under $100 in B&S forum or eBay.

15. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

: blah :

[​IMG]