• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cyc wid it
Looking for a pair of brown LWB or more casual oxford ~$250, preferably not suede. Suggestions? Allen Edmonds?

There should be a few pairs of Aldens floating around in B&S

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some brands that make light weight slim or tapered khaki-colored jeans? All price ranges, just looking for options. Thanks.

billstraightener

Reaction score
Hi all, looking to buy a burberry polo and am in Ireland, Have obviously considered the burberry website but its a little expensive for shipping. Nordstrom and saks 5th ave won't ship burberry to Ireland.

Any other suggestions??

sidofodin

Reaction score
I'm in desperate need of a spring jacket to go with my new wardrobe. The only one I have now is an old, ill-fitting, hand-me-down. Be wary, I am of an extremely limited budget, having no job due to the fact I'm underage.

legendofthepanda

Reaction score
Hi guys
smile.gif
Can anyone recommend a dark gray or charcoal sportscoat/blazer that I can wear casually with some jeans or chinos, please? < $200 if possible
smile.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you just want a plain blazer, they're pretty much to be had anywhere

legendofthepanda

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
If you just want a plain blazer, they're pretty much to be had anywhere

hmm not really. I've been trying to look for non-polyester blends and I've looked into all of the affiliate sites here in SF and other stockists with no success. Do you think $200 would be unreasonable for a non-polyester blend?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You have to realize that the affiliate sites don't cater to budget ballers. And what's wrong with a poly blend? It'll save you a lot of money to get a blend rather than 100% wool or whatever. If you're adamant about it, Uniqlo +J (and normal line) have &lt;$100 wool blazers or you could look at used stuff and potentially get something worth quite a bit more

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what kind of sunglasses should I get? thinking of getting oakley frogskins. I want a bright color though but I'm worried about it limiting their versatility. acid orange look pretty badass.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
You have to realize that the affiliate sites don't cater to budget ballers. And what's wrong with a poly blend? It'll save you a lot of money to get a blend rather than 100% wool or whatever. If you're adamant about it, Uniqlo +J (and normal line) have <$100 wool blazers or you could look at used stuff and potentially get something worth quite a bit more

lol8[1].gif
Also +1

Poly blend serves well in all weather situations.

newbie123

Reaction score
I would like to buy a brown sebago boat shoes and debating whether i should get the white sole or brown sole. I will be using it with khakis, shorts and jeans. I really like both equally, but what do you guys think? Is one more flexible (with other clothing) or better than the other? Please advise.

Note: I posted this in the other thread also ("ask a quick question" thread).

SBG-W72756-03-y.psd.jpg

SBG-W72743-072010.jpg

juhan

Reaction score
Hi all. im looking for sneakers such as nike dunk high. need some recommendations for high top sneakers.. couldnt afford lanvin, so no thanks lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads