1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

Nice, I was about to get these from Need Supply. If only they had my size…

2. Tekniqe

Tekniqe New Member

I'm looking for a shoe similar to this. The searches I've performed haven't really turned anything up, so I'd be much obliged if someone could help me out. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. AlphaAndTheOmega

AlphaAndTheOmega Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. I am looking for something like the Cesar Boot in black/dark grey......not Stacy Adams tho.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

4. derrida26

derrida26 Senior member

new standard is mostly sold out, though if you size up one, petite standard has more options. but after sizing up, fit will be slightly looser in the waste and more slim in the leg

5. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

I’m usually a 29/30. My NS is a 28. They were tight at first, but after a few years they have stretched and feel a bit large, so I might go for 28 PS anyway.

Edit: Damn. Don’t have those either. I think a 29 would be too big. Thanks anyway! I’ll just pay the extra.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  6. shaqin93

shaqin93 Active Member

I was at dior today and they had a light, plain and simple black bomber jacket in nylon or something. Really liked it. Can anybody recommend an alternative that won't cost me SGD3100?

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

Guys, this is Michael. Michael wears a shiny leather jacket. Can someone recommend a reasonably slim-fitting, similar jacket (ribbed collar, big zipper, etc.) in a number of price ranges?

Because that would be awesome.

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Epaulet, WvG...

9. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

(Surprisingly enough) I found J Crew L slim fits me almost perfectly. Just a tiny bit short in the sleeves, but if I roll them up it looks great for casual shirts where I'm not tucking in. Also trying out MTM with Modern Tailor.

10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I was going to say you could also get a decently-priced shirt with good fabric (Land's End, JCrew, etc.) and pay around $15-25 to have it tailored to fit like something absurdly-priced, but with no apparent increase in durability or fabric quality (I'm looking at you, Band of Outsiders!). Add MOP buttons if you wish. You'll also see Patrik Ervell shirts crop-up here on Buying & Selling for decent prices; and those are, IMO, slim-fitting and worth the extra money, wherever you buy them. Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  11. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Go Hokies, by the way. :slayer:

12. PSBoots

PSBoots Member

13. Regg

Regg Senior member

I don't have any specific look or brand to compare with, but I'm looking for a casual military jacket for the spring. Doesn't necessarily have to be military, just that general casual look. Something clean but not boring. Price range can vary but preferably under $300. Thanks!

14. rohde88

rohde88 Senior member

You can find navy blazers with silver buttons or really any style of button.

If you have a navy, I'd get a tan/stone color

15. Eupfhoria

Eupfhoria Well-Known Member

where can I get some boots that look like these:
    [​IMG]

without costing $WTF

(ie <$500, ideally under $300. )

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  16. Tommyp

Tommyp Member

17. Tommyp

Tommyp Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for brands that fit like Epaulet? The mediums fit me perfectly but i am on a college budget so I can't really splurge on their website. I have been looking for used shirts and they seem to be hard to come by. I have a 40 inch chest and about a 32 inch waist so any shirts that are slim fitting with darts and box pleats and what not are ideal.

18. Rompson

Rompson Senior member

Can anyone recommend me a pair of black Chelsea boots that aren't ugly and don't suck? I've looked everywhere. :angry:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

check www.pediwear.co.uk, then see loake, barker, grenson

20. Rompson

Rompson Senior member

thank you so much.