1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

kicks in a bit more? fuck you alex! gotta go throw up now.

2. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Well-Known Member

I agree that most H&M quality is lacking, but if you look at the price point it's not that terrible a deal. I was really impressed with how a beanie I got from them held up - took a damn beating during a Chicago winter and still looked alright. Lost it on vacation, goddamn shame.

3. davo10375

davo10375 Well-Known Member

Easiest way for slim shorts is probably to just cut up a pair of chino's though its pretty boring.

chrono- mike lowrey has been selling this for a while on SZ don't know your price limit but it looks really great... he says its really lightweight so thats good for florida weather and would look awesome with lighter shades. Apparently its around a sz50 so I think thats prob close to your size, measurements are:
    shoulders: 44cm
    pit to pit: 52.5cm
    width at button: 49cm
    full length: 82cm (top of collar to hem)

I wanted to buy it but couldn't cut the price [​IMG] beautiful jacket though.
    [​IMG]

4. theom-

theom- Well-Known Member

Two things: Where can i find a jacket like this?[​IMG] and a windbreaker like the one on the right [​IMG] Or who makes similar items? I'm looking for a jacket like the top one that isn't M65 styled and has a slightly asymetrical detail like the shoulder flap.

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

davo- Yea, i've seen that one on sale for a long time. Always thought i'd need a 48 but it does look nice. Should've tried socal or will's blazer on when i was in nyc for reference when i had the chance. tigerforumula- American Apparel makes a similar windbreaker to the bottom guy's. So does h&m and uniqlo

6. Souper

Souper Well-Known Member

looking for quality skinny stacked trouser-type (non cotton) pants that don't cling to my thighs. Saw this pulled off a few times with great success. Who's making a cut like these for spring?

needs to be 225 or less. sale or non.

7. chronoaug

Be more specific? Any examples or something? What do you mean no cotton? Trousers come in cotton too, not just jeans. My khaki a77 costellos are 100% cotton but more of a thin trouser material and the black costellos i have are 100% cotton but more a chino material

8. Souper

Souper Well-Known Member

Be more specific? Any examples or something? What do you mean no cotton? Trousers come in cotton too, not just jeans. My khaki a77 costellos are 100% cotton but more of a thin trouser material and the black costellos i have are 100% cotton but more a chino material

Well, of course. Actually you seem like the person who would be able to answer this for me. I want skinny pants that aren't khakis , cords or jeans that I can stack. Maybe wool, silk, linen, would be good. Needs to be lightweight! Saw some hipster fuck wearing some really nice textured grey wool pants that fit this description, want2kop look.

9. chronoaug

If you can track down April 77 costellos, they'd be a good bet. Royalcheese, yoox, revolve and maybe 1 or 2 more stockists carry or used to carry them.

Patrick Ervell, Robert Geller, Obedient Sons, Raf Simons, Mjolk (aren't super skinny though), raf by raf all have some slim to skinny trousers throughout the past season or two. Keep an eye on online retailers of them.

10. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Well-Known Member

Patrick Ervell, Robert Geller, Obedient Sons, Raf Simons, Mjolk (aren't super skinny though), raf by raf all have some slim to skinny trousers throughout the past season or two. Keep an eye on online retailers of them.

Especially Yoox; can cop for nice price.

11. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Go visit Robbie at Target and buy a button down you like but isn't over the top obnoxious and get it tailored. I always wonder what people are thinking when they add in descriptives like I am still growing. Do you really want people to know you're a little guy?

Edit: I don't think Robbie works at Target anymore but whatever.

No, I do work at Target... but they don't sell anything cool for someone on a budget at all. Definitely not rad-ass desert boots, or Merona OCBD's, nope... so don't waste your time shopping there go to Wal-mart their selection of fine mens wear is vastly superior to Tarjays...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

Also, I live in the Bay Area, so any advice on shopping in San Francisco would also be greatly appreciated.

See the Retail Directory in my sig. SuperFuture has an even more extensive list. http://www.superfuture.com/supertravel/

13. Brutus

Brutus Well-Known Member

No, I do work at Target... but they don't sell anything cool for someone on a budget at all. Definitely not rad-ass desert boots, or Merona OCBD's, nope... so don't waste your time shopping there go to Wal-mart their selection of fine mens wear is vastly superior to Tarjays...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I thought you left there or were fired or something and worked at a sandwich shop? I need my SF soap to tie up it's loose ends.[​IMG]

14. blank

blank Well-Known Member

Identify those mid-priced items that are of much higher quality.

In particular, J. Crew's merino wool is fantastic. I wore their 1/2 zip and full-zip cardigan from this season probably 3 times a week and they still haven't lost their form.

15. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Well-Known Member

I am the ultimate noob, and this thread seems made for me. I can summarize my wardrobe quickly:

Well, I could give you a rundown of the standard basics, but that's standard. Do you have any style you swing towards? Any major hobbies/passions?

16. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I thought you left there or were fired or something and worked at a sandwich shop? I need my SF soap to tie up it's loose ends.[​IMG]

you got it all backwards, but thats whatchoo get for being all up in my kool-aid and not even knowings the flava!

check your pms playa

17. Jferg4350

Jferg4350 Well-Known Member

recommend me a cheap sewing machine

18. Ludeykrus

19. PainZtaking

PainZtaking Well-Known Member

slim pants in 29" < 100$

Is it possible?

20. Ludeykrus

What are you looking for? Cords? Denim? Trousers?