Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

Recommend me the good stuff at uniqlo, I'm going for my first time in a couple weeks. I know to look out for their basics, I'm looking to score a bunch of plain shirts there and a couple plain OCBDs. But what else should I look out for?

EDIT: can people also explain +J to me? From my understanding it's uniqlo's collab with an outside designer, but I could be completely wrong.

2. DeliciousFruits

DeliciousFruits Active Member

I'm looking for a Navy/White or Black/White horizontal striped, long-sleeve shirt (sailor shirt.) Any suggestions?

3. epilepc

epilepc Well-Known Member

Can someone recommend me a nice backpack? I'm looking for something to wear to school, but that looks classy. Preferably not too expensive though.

I got the Jack Spade Cordura Backpack on sale for 120 shipped. But it's on sale right now so you can take an additional 25% off (code: GIMME25. lol it ends at 11:59 today) + 15% if you sign up for the newsletter.

Hurry!
    http://www.jackspade.com/shop/produc...20071&cat=347#

4. keredog

keredog Senior member

What are your guy's thoughts on the Wool Sperry's? I'm convinced that they're bad-ass but the wool is throwing me off.

[​IMG]

5. captmomo

captmomo Senior member

Can someone recommend me a place to get a decent pair of chelsea boots?

6. LuvRawDenim

LuvRawDenim New Member

I got the Jack Spade Cordura Backpack on sale for 120 shipped. But it's on sale right now so you can take an additional 25% off (code: GIMME25. lol it ends at 11:59 today) + 15% if you sign up for the newsletter.

Hurry!
    http://www.jackspade.com/shop/produc...20071&cat=347#

Thank you!

7. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Recommend me the good stuff at uniqlo, I'm going for my first time in a couple weeks. I know to look out for their basics, I'm looking to score a bunch of plain shirts there and a couple plain OCBDs. But what else should I look out for?

EDIT: can people also explain +J to me? From my understanding it's uniqlo's collab with an outside designer, but I could be completely wrong.

Jeans are a big one, the S-001 and T-000 are fantastic for the price, I wear T-000s every day.
    +J is Uniqlo's ongoing collaboration with the famous minimalist designer Jil Sander.

What are your guy's thoughts on the Wool Sperry's? I'm convinced that they're bad-ass but the wool is throwing me off.

[​IMG]

Buy it if you like it, I think boat shoes in general are really played out at this point.

Can someone recommend me a place to get a decent pair of chelsea boots?

beatwear.co.uk

8. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

Jeans are a big one, the S-001 and T-000 are fantastic for the price, I wear T-000s every day.
    +J is Uniqlo's ongoing collaboration with the famous minimalist designer Jil Sander.

Shit, I already have too many pairs of jeans. How are their button ups? I'm specifically looking at their OCBDs right now.

9. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

Im looking for a pair of shoes similar to these just without the "boat-shoes"ishs strings on the side. Anybody having a suggestion?
    [​IMG]

not sure what price range you're looking for, but if you want a high quality shoe that will last you forever, check out: http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footw...il-oxford.html

i'm waiting for mine to arrive. :]

10. sebastianm

sebastianm Well-Known Member

^^ Thats exactly what im looking for, except I need a pair in brown or black.

11. Makeshift_Robot

Shit, I already have too many pairs of jeans. How are their button ups? I'm specifically looking at their OCBDs right now.

If they fit you or can be tailored to fit you, their premium cloth shirts are a good buy. All the Uniqlo shirts and tees are too roomy for me, though.

12. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

suggestions for reasonably priced well fitting v-neck sweaters? a varying colour selection would be nice as well

13. Makeshift_Robot

suggestions for reasonably priced well fitting v-neck sweaters? a varying colour selection would be nice as well

Uniqlo, actually, is probably your best bet. Other than that I really don't know, knits (as well as shoes and leather goods) really reward buying slightly above your usual bracket.

14. just another fool

just another fool Well-Known Member

first post. have an anniversary with my gf coming up and she's asking for gift ideas for me. i'm thinking i need a pair of brown leather oxfords, maybe saddle shoes that can be a bit dressy and also be casual. aka something i can wear a good amount. we're both students, so i'm looking at ~$100. any recommendations would be appreciated highly!

15. aoluffy

aoluffy Senior member

reccomend me some slim/straight (not skinny) raw denim black jeans please. price range maximum $150, preferably less