Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. tit_tyrant

tit_tyrant Well-Known Member

I just got thick white leather belt, what type of shoes/pants should I pair it with?

Also, I love cords. Where can I get a nice slim fit pair, and what type of shirt would one typically wear with them?

Well-fitting jeans, a t-shirt, and canvas shoes? I dunno your style exactly.

Seconding where to find nice slim, not skinny, fit cords. Awesome name, I enjoyed The Stranger btw.

2. farraj18

farraj18 Senior member

Well-fitting jeans, a t-shirt, and canvas shoes? I dunno your style exactly.

Seconding where to find nice slim, not skinny, fit cords. Awesome name, I enjoyed The Stranger btw.

With no personal experience with their cords but experience with their jeans/trousers, I'd suggest Levi's 511 or 514 cords.

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Levis 511 cords are good, BDG cords (from urban outfitters) usually have at least one skinny model every fall and can be had for 20 bucks a piece come sale time.

If you have money, APC is doing really nice slim cords this season.

4. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

If you have money, APC is doing really nice slim cords this season.

and i have some for sale

5. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

Hey guys!
    I was wondering if someone could help me find a nice leather jacket in my budget! My problem is that my budget is kind of restricted. My plan was to get this jacket from BR because I can get a coupon for almost half off so I could get a good quality jacket for a lot less. The style I originally wanted was biker. But because of budget constraints I looked into Bomber as well. I will be wearing this with casuals (Jeans & T-Shirt). If it helps for stores, I live in San Francisco.
    My budget is around $150-200. If you know of something that is more expensive but is easy to find discounts for, I'm cool with that too.

This is the jacket from BR that I was looking at, but was told that the quality from BR isnt great:
    http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=768348002

Thanks in advance!

6. Lane

Lane Senior member

7. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

http://www.us.allsaints.com/product/...358&position=4

However, I don't know your size. That one only comes in large.

I'm like 5'8" or so. Maybe an inch taller, I'm not too sure. I usually wear S or M.

Also I have seen that particular jacket before, and I'm not too fond of the style. I prefer collarless ones. Like the ones with buckles or a button. And also not so crunched up looking. I appreciate the help!

8. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

Can't search this since the search terms are too short, so sorry if this has been answered many times before.-- xposted

I just bought a pair of PBJ xx-007. They're a slim-straight jean. Will this fit my aesthetic if I normally wear slim-fitting clothes like epaulet shirts? Or do you think there is a better jean which offers a sleeker look? I do wish the jean came tapered.

I also have a pair of Sam 710 and FC 1108 if that's relevant.

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Can't search this since the search terms are too short, so sorry if this has been answered many times before.-- xposted I just bought a pair of PBJ xx-007. They're a slim-straight jean. Will this fit my aesthetic if I normally wear slim-fitting clothes like epaulet shirts? Or do you think there is a better jean which offers a sleeker look? I do wish the jean came tapered. I also have a pair of Sam 710 and FC 1108 if that's relevant.
    Really depends on how you look man. If you have a slim build, then yea slim shirts will work great, otherwise :kanyeshrug:

10. raags

raags Senior member

alternative to lanvin black patent hightops? a cheaper alternative...

11. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

Need help finding a casual jacket/sweater (not sport jacket) that can be worn with a "dressier" look. Having a hard time finding something that falls in this category, of course because it is a matter of preference. I know about cardigans, but I was hoping for more ideas. I have been scrolling through the what are you wearing now thread and am thinking about a bomber jacket. Any suggestions? I am open to all and any.

12. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I'm about to make a boot purchase, but I'm stuck between two different types. I'm not even close to a baller, so I can't swing a pair of Wolverines or Alden, but I need to decide between a pair of Clarks Desert Boots in Beeswax or the new Lands End Canvas leather lace up boots.

Desert Boots

or

Lands End Canvas

I plan on wearing these casually, just as an everyday boot. Maybe something I can wear to the offic occasionally.

13. tit_tyrant

tit_tyrant Well-Known Member

I'm in need of a new wallet and have been browsing random threads on said topic, but whenever I find something that piques my interest, it is either sold out or unavailable online. Could anyone recommend some natural leather cardholders that do not have a button snap on it? I don't think I would enjoy sitting on the snap all day.

Desert Boots

or

Lands End Canvas

I plan on wearing these casually, just as an everyday boot. Maybe something I can wear to the offic occasionally.

I really like the Lands End boots, although I cannot attest to their quality. However, I did just buy 3 shirts and a pair of chinos from Lands End's Canvas line and am very pleased with them. If I was you, and couldn't make up my mind, I would go to a store and try both on in order to get a feel for them. If that is not an option, maybe you could order both and return one pair.

14. invidious_espresso

invidious_espresso Member

I'm about to make a boot purchase, but I'm stuck between two different types. I'm not even close to a baller, so I can't swing a pair of Wolverines or Alden, but I need to decide between a pair of Clarks Desert Boots in Beeswax or the new Lands End Canvas leather lace up boots.

Desert Boots

or

Lands End Canvas

Clarks. They're proven, way cheaper, and have better styling IMO.

15. Timmbo

Timmbo Senior member

Need a pair of warm shoes/boots to withstand Edinburgh weather: rain/snow/very strong wind and below freezing temperatures. Will also be walking several miles per day. So far looked at Red Wings GTs/Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots/Alden Indys/LL Bean Katahdin Engineer Boots. Would like them to be versatile too, so that they can be worn with a Harris tweed jacket, but not look out of place paired with jeans + tee.

What would be the best choice?