1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

In my newb opinion grey/black with brown is a no no.

Is this a rule of thumb? If so I might just go with the blue chambray with the brown cords.

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Is this a rule of thumb? If so I might just go with the blue chambray with the brown cords.

In my mind it is a rule of thumb, not sure how others feel about it. But I think the chambray and the brown cords would look great.

3. oisin

oisin Senior member

In my mind it is a rule of thumb, not sure how others feel about it. But I think the chambray and the brown cords would look great.

black w/ brown = bad
    grey w/ brown = good

4. pervert_cat

pervert_cat Active Member

hey everyone! I'm really in need of some good winter boots to walk to and from university in the snow this winter! Does anyone have any suggestions?

5. intensanity

intensanity Senior member

I need a simple hoodie to be used in the cold winter (so fuzzy warm on the inside) that is still classy/can be worn with a tshirt or a polo

help!

6. johnnyc

johnnyc New Member

looking for suggestions on a similar style boot as the bottega veneta nero calf boot, but for obviously much less. black preferred.

thx!

7. unknowinglyforgotten

unknowinglyforgotten Member

what looks good with a jean jacket?
    besides jeans of a similar wear/fading, what else?

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

black w/ brown = bad grey w/ brown = good
    Only if you don't know what you're doing
    hey everyone! I'm really in need of some good winter boots to walk to and from university in the snow this winter! Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Search, this comes up often and there are 50 million different suggestions. Just get something in full grain leather with a rubber sole

9. buchvecny

buchvecny Member

Seeking interesting shirts and street wear smart shoes

Hello, i am seeking some casual shirts with interesting details, like the ones at: http://www.wratharcane.com/fall09.html. Price range - the cheaper the better, max 150 dollars.

Next I am seeking black streetwear smart shoes and here i am very open to suggestions as I am not really sure what I want. They will be worn to black/blue jeans and to suit occasionally.

I have been thinking about these:

http://media.topman.com/wcsstore/Top...SBLK_large.jpg

http://media.topman.com/wcsstore/Top...ABLK_large.jpg

http://media.topman.com/wcsstore/Top...ABLK_large.jpg

But i am not really sure at all. Price range - up to 150 dollars.

10. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Trying to assemble a shoe wardrobe for college. Currently set on bringing

A pair of running shoes
    LL Bean Katahdin Boots
    Sperry Topsiders ----> Eventually Quoddy Mocs
    adidas samba
    Canvas sneaker tbd
    Black AE Park Avenues (should be sitting around most of the time)

Anything else I should think about bringing?

11. gezuz

gezuz Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a slim cashmere skull cap, does anyone know of some brands that might step up? I'm not looking for it to fold over, just fit nicely. Something similar to (this is sold out and I can't find it otherwise I would own it): http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Wing...nie_14436.html Any help would be awesome!

12. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

My $20 all-black canvas Chucks finally died on me. Need a new pair of black hi-tops. Non-baller for right now. I'd cruise the non-baller sneaker thread, but it's full of garbage. Should I just lay down another $20 for new Chucks and save for CP Training Boots? Or is there a happy medium somewhere?

13. pervert_cat

pervert_cat Active Member

I've been looking for some nice oxfords for under 200, anyone have any suggesstions?

14. diamonds

diamonds Senior member

i have a solid pewter belt done by samurai and its very strong. im not sure what you mean.

oh well in that case [​IMG]

15. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

My feet are super cold right now ...
    Anyone have any good sock recs?

Though judging by how this thread goes, it seems like it's just a bunch of people asking questions and no one really answers[​IMG]

16. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

My feet are super cold right now ...
    Anyone have any good sock recs?

Though judging by how this thread goes, it seems like it's just a bunch of people asking questions and no one really answers[​IMG]

Uniqlo HeatTech Socks are the fucking truth. $10.9 for 2 pairs and they come in all types of colors.
    shameless plug--I can proxy them if you like, do it all the time.

17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

any good quality boot i can beat up day to day in the winter (no snow) preferably black leather/black sole and if possibly avoid the work boot-esque. [​IMG] something similar to this i guess, trying to stay away from RW etc.

18. Alkaw

Alkaw Member

I just cant get enough v-neck sweaters, they are so perfect for the season! At the moment I am looking for some purple or blue ones (not light blue, not navy blue) any recommendations? I was gonna buy some from Yoox but when they added 70 euros in local tax and duties I started looking for other places to buy them... I am 6,56 feet tall so the reason I am asking here is that I want sweaters that fit nicely and you dont swim in.

19. Green_Pinguin

Green_Pinguin Active Member

My $20 all-black canvas Chucks finally died on me. Need a new pair of black hi-tops. Non-baller for right now. I'd cruise the non-baller sneaker thread, but it's full of garbage. Should I just lay down another $20 for new Chucks and save for CP Training Boots? Or is there a happy medium somewhere?

Yeah your right! Most of the non-baller sneakers are garbage, my next pair will be a baller pair defenitly. But there are still decent choices for a smaller budget. You should have a look at Converse Cup Sole hi, simliar to the CP x Evisu. Maybe Supra Skytop I or to II and Creative Recreations makes nice sneakers for lower prices. Just my personal taste, but hope that helps you a bit.

20. PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown Active Member

Hey all, new here. I'm in my 3rd year of college and I'm looking to dress a bit more my age as opposed to just graphic tees and school branded hoodies. I know it's sale season and I was wondering where a good place to start looking for new clothes would be?

My current plans are to pick up a dark and light pair of levi jeans at Kohl's -- but I also need button up shirts, pants/khaki, ties, some sort of long sleeved shirt or sweaters, and t-shirts. Of course, the biggest obstacle here is finding them nicely fitted. I'm only 5'5 and around 120 lbs, but I'm well built. I just received a jaspe t-shirt from J-Crew in the mail and it's the most comfortable, best fitting t-shirt I've ever worn (size XS). If I buy more shirts like it in different colors, what are my options in terms of outfits? Are those worth getting multiples of?

Because people say to stay away from graphic stuff ( I currently wear mostly Express graphic tees because they fit well), but how do you wear more basic tees? -- it sounds boring all by itself.

So yeah, what else can I look for at Kohl's or a Tj Maxx? I have money but I'd like to keep it basic for now. Any advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: And where can I get well fitted polos? The ones at Ralph Lauren look great but they are fairly pricey.