Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. fiasco

fiasco Senior member

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I'd say go for it if you need a summer suit (I prefer all wool for 3-season goodness) or live in a warm area. Probably retailed at ~$1700-$1800 would be my guess

3. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

[​IMG]

What's similar to this coat, but without the Burberry Prorsum price point?

4. YuppieSkuppie

YuppieSkuppie Active Member

Any recommendations on modern looking (think Zuriick or whatever) shoes that wont destroy my wide duck feet?

5. 1up

1up Senior member

Why doesn't gilt groupe ship to Canada? [​IMG]

6. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

First up peacoats/half trench? Yay, or nay? I need something for Autumn/Winter to update my look but am kinda cash strapped being a university student. I figure getting something different to any one of my cheap skate brand hoodies might be good and I can wear it with a business shirt or any one of my t-shirts.

Budget is about $150-$200 tops.

Spiewak would be best. They make pretty great stuff for people on a budget.

[​IMG]

What's similar to this coat, but without the Burberry Prorsum price point?

At slightly less then the BP price point, there's Macintosh, which is The Original (and can be bought, in updated form, from J Crew if you want). That's $800 though.

Also, the APC macintosh this season is pretty sharp and minimal, with two pockets incorporated into the side seams to keep the clean feeling. It's narrow-cut, and it's a really nice color. It's also $400, though. I don't know where you can get a mac for cheaper and not have it look like shit.

7. sebastianm

sebastianm Well-Known Member

Hello i am looking for a jacket similar to the S2A military jacket just in navy or black. I am on a 2-300$ budget. Anybody know any alternatives? Thanks.
    [​IMG]

8. Jinx88

Jinx88 Active Member

I'm looking for a decent light tan (casual) shoe that will work with slim jeans (both black coated and dark blue). Pairing it with the black jeans is probably trickiest, hence why I'm looking for something on the light side. Then again it may not work at all. I'd love some desert boots, as I have a few pairs of Clarks already that I wear quite a bit, but sand is too light while oakwood is too yellow.

I'm really open to most styles that aren't too over the top, and I'd prefer something at, around, or below $150. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, as browsing online stores already has me overwhelmed without anything sticking out just yet. Thanks!

9. someyoungman

someyoungman Member

just wanted to say that this thread is great.. it's like my night time reading

10. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

So need bag recommendations. (No Filson please).

[​IMG]

I really loved this bag from Krane but $800 is just too overbudget for me. My budgets around $500. Suggestions?

11. sbwoodside

sbwoodside Member

Slim fit shorts? Did some searching and don't see much about slim in the shorts threads. I wear slim-fit pants and shirts, does that translate to needing slim fit shorts? Does such a thing exist?

12. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Hello i am looking for a jacket similar to the S2A military jacket just in navy or black. I am on a 2-300$ budget. Anybody know any alternatives? Thanks.
    [​IMG]

There's a jacket by Penfield that's very similar to that at UO. Under 200, IIRC.

I'm looking for a decent light tan (casual) shoe that will work with slim jeans (both black coated and dark blue). Pairing it with the black jeans is probably trickiest, hence why I'm looking for something on the light side. Then again it may not work at all. I'd love some desert boots, as I have a few pairs of Clarks already that I wear quite a bit, but sand is too light while oakwood is too yellow.

I'm really open to most styles that aren't too over the top, and I'd prefer something at, around, or below $150. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, as browsing online stores already has me overwhelmed without anything sticking out just yet. Thanks!

Tan and black together looks like shit. Do not attempt.

[​IMG]

I really loved this bag from Krane but $800 is just too overbudget for me. My budgets around $500. Suggestions?

Saddleback Leather, an SF affiliate.

13. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

Saddleback Leather, an SF affiliate.
    I've already checked them. Didn't see anything I liked too much. *EDIT. Fuck it. Will end up buying Krane bag...

14. hansonho

hansonho Member

can anyone recommend a place where I get get some nice vests to wear casually

15. otc

otc Senior member

Go to florence...shop around