Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

Recommend me some dark brown leather slip-ons. And cheap.

have you looked at bass?

2. BriansAWildDowner

BriansAWildDowner Active Member

I haven't before, but i am now.

3. fiasco

fiasco Senior member

im looking for a nice dress shoe for interviews and such... i am turning 22 in july and will be getting my bachelors in june so i am looking for something in the 200-250 range that will be a decent.

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Paul Smiths can occasionally spring up around there (on B&S and next sale season), Allen Edmonds would be the safe business choice (albeit bland and, imo, ugly) at a bit under $200.

You could check Yoox, they have some gems hidden in all the junk, and Gilt will occasionally have good stuff but you'll have to be quick.

5. pc321

pc321 Member

Hello I am a big noob and i need some ideas for what clothes to buy from where for college. I am 5'8, weigh 151 pounds, and my body type is average. I want clothes that feel comfortable, good quality, and aren't too heavy on my pocket, but look nice overall. (probably 200 max on clothes for now)

I want some clothes that would be good for the summer. I would like to wear some good looking polos, graphic tshirts, shorts, pants etc... im basically just getting a whole new set of clothes since my old set of clothes aren't that neat looking. Right now im basically wearing a few graphic t-shirts and 2 polos and i only have about 2 jeans from kohls and 2 khaki shorts from kohls. I'm afraid to go shopping because i really dont know what to look for or where to go to.

I would probably prefer to order online than go out to get my clothes. thanks in advance.

6. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Suggestions on a waxed-cotton jacket without the Belstaff prices....

7. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

polos, graphic Ts and shorts? .... sounds like you wanna bro out dude

8. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

looking for inexpensive oxfords and button ups, what's the next best after uniqlo?

9. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

looking for inexpensive oxfords and button ups, what's the next best after uniqlo?

Hello I am a big noob blah blah blah

j crew or h&m would probably be good places. h&m's quality is middling, but it gets the job done. i've got some old blazers and pants that are least three years old. you'll mostly run into trendy pieces but they do have some classics. i wore a lot of h&m and urban outfitters in college.

uo is a decent place to find things since they have some nice stuff every now and then since they carry non in-house brands. like right now there's stuff from the folks behind rogues gallery, velour, and even exclusive quoddys from the website.

uo and j crew offer great websites with very lenient return policies, and often times give out free shipping and other coupon codes.

10. van_hammersly

van_hammersly Senior member

Slim fitting, relatively low rise (9.5" rise maximum) wool pants in a 28 waist? or ~29 waist if it's true to size? Dark colors, work appropriate.

11. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Slim fitting, relatively low rise (9.5" rise maximum) wool pants in a 28 waist? or ~29 waist if it's true to size? Dark colors, work appropriate.

Club Monaco has (had?) some really nice slim-fitting wool pants.

12. van_hammersly

van_hammersly Senior member

thanks, i was thinking about checking them out. Too bad they don't have a webstore.

13. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

I'm spending July 2nd to August 14th in Spain and it is going to be hot as shit. I need linen pants suggestions, I'm looking for a bit of color too, or at least something past the standard khaki and white that pretty much everyone has.

Also not looking to spend a lot of money...maybe <$85 a pair?

14. mfb3000

mfb3000 New Member

I need some chinos - I'm in the UK, and I'm size 29/30. Looking for chinos under £40 is a nightmare, nothing fits me! Any ideas?

15. OGR001

OGR001 Member

First up peacoats/half trench? Yay, or nay? I need something for Autumn/Winter to update my look but am kinda cash strapped being a university student. I figure getting something different to any one of my cheap skate brand hoodies might be good and I can wear it with a business shirt or any one of my t-shirts.

Budget is about $150-$200 tops.