• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

gwydion

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for leather gloves(lined) and wool/cashmere scarves? I only know of Chester Jeffries and scarf selections are pretty scarce from retailers I looked at. Tried searching for em but didn't see much. Any suggestions of where to look? Sub-100 for gloves and scarves(each)

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwydion
Anyone have any suggestions for leather gloves(lined) and wool/cashmere scarves? I only know of Chester Jeffries and scarf selections are pretty scarce from retailers I looked at. Tried searching for em but didn't see much. Any suggestions of where to look? Sub-100 for gloves and scarves(each)

Banana Republic or J.Crew

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for something a bit more "luxurious" than those.

For under $100?

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
For under $100?

Each. I figure since Chester Jeffries has many offerings for gloves(if not, most) under $100, there should be others.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Each. I figure since Chester Jeffries has many offerings for gloves(if not, most) under $100, there should be others.

In cashmere and leather?
There are not many options. I can't think of any other options for leather gloves besides J.Crew, BR, Martin and OSA,... type stores.
Crane's might have some workwear gloves.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Try yoox. Anything that retails at $100 is going to be pilling before the end of the season

Guyute

Reaction score
I'm very interested in starting a pair of raw denim/fades. I want to start with an affordable jean and was thinking 501 but I absolutely do not like jeans that rise that high and definitely want a low rising, snugger/slimmer jean to break in easier. I'm a skinny 5'6" and I just dont think 501STF's will work out well for me...

So I'm looking for something under $100 as an alternative, and any advice where to get them and get them in the right size.

I also don't think I'll be able to clock in 24/7 365 with the jeans... so "faster break ins" are something I'm interested in....

EDIT: UniQlo's maybe? What exact models? There seems to be tons.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You should be banned.

JasonHe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guyute
I'm very interested in starting a pair of raw denim/fades. I want to start with an affordable jean and was thinking 501 but I absolutely do not like jeans that rise that high and definitely want a low rising, snugger/slimmer jean to break in easier. I'm a skinny 5'6" and I just dont think 501STF's will work out well for me...

So I'm looking for something under $100 as an alternative, and any advice where to get them and get them in the right size.

I also don't think I'll be able to clock in 24/7 365 with the jeans... so "faster break ins" are something I'm interested in....

EDIT: UniQlo's maybe? What exact models? There seems to be tons.

Uuuumm i'd go with cheap mondays, there cheap, and its good for something to start with. There fairly skinny, the staff boy fit is straight/slim, and they also have a skinny skinny fit. Ive heard there fast break ins, ive only had mine for three days. The quality isn't up there with a.p.c or Nudies etc, but its definetley worth its prie in quality $90AUD

Guyute

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JasonHe
Uuuumm i'd go with cheap mondays, there cheap, and its good for something to start with. There fairly skinny, the staff boy fit is straight/slim, and they also have a skinny skinny fit. Ive heard there fast break ins, ive only had mine for three days. The quality isn't up there with a.p.c or Nudies etc, but its definetley worth its prie in quality $90AUD
Thanks a lot man. Sorry for posting the same question multiple times, but with no responses to any of them I wasnt sure if it was being ignored for being in the wrong place or something... I've searched the archives for answers and bumped threads all with the distinct intention to not create another thread. I don't really see the problem with posting a question in multiple threads... not everyone reads the same threads and I could get different answers/opinions in either... Thanks again... and if anyone has more suggestions I'd appreciate it as well.

nomad

Reaction score
Raw levi's 514's or 511's if you want a slimmer profile, uniqlo offer raw selvedge in a slim fit too. It would be a good idea to keep an eye out as n&f, 3sixteen and other similarly priced jeans can be found on sale for around a hundred dollars on online stores and much less on the B&S.

Guyute

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomad
Raw levi's 514's or 511's if you want a slimmer profile, uniqlo offer raw selvedge in a slim fit too. It would be a good idea to keep an eye out as n&f, 3sixteen and other similarly priced jeans can be found on sale for around a hundred dollars on online stores and much less on the B&S.

Thank you...I've looked into the 514 a little bit and apparently they don't fade well at all... can you confirm/deny? Any experience with those? I do LOVE the 514 fit...but is it actually the same material as the 501?

Also, what is B&S? Thanks!

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you...I've looked into the 514 a little bit and apparently they don't fade well at all... can you confirm/deny? Any experience with those? I do LOVE the 514 fit...but is it actually the same material as the 501?

Do a search of this forum. You will find so much info on Levi Jeans.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i have some of the 'tumbled rigid' 514's (the only raw ones i know of) and they haven't faded much. 4 months of wear (almost every day) and maybe 2 washes and a soak. there's very slight whiskers on the front and honeycombs on the backs of the knees, but overall they keep their color pretty well.

just recently got a pair of 501 STF's, hopefully those will fade a little easier.

B&S would be the buying and selling section of the forum
http://www.styleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads