1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate healthy grocery list

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by pg600rr, Dec 26, 2008.

1. jjjohn

jjjohn Senior member

I never buy any low fat milk.
    Whole milk is the best for us.

2. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

I never buy any low fat milk.
    Whole milk is the best for us.

Based upon what?

3. rocks

rocks Senior member

Here's my typical grocery list:

Salmon
    Red Snapper
    Organic Cabbage
    Organic carrots
    Organic green bananas
    Organic potatoes
    Organic green onions
    Organic onions
    Organic tomatoes
    Organic garlic
    Organic cauliflower
    Organic bell peppers
    Olive oil
    Organic oatmeal
    Organic red beans
    Organic long grain brown rice
    Multi-grain bread
    Organic peanut butter
    Natural fruit spread
    Organic red grapes
    Lemons
    Organic crackers
    Organic orange juice
    Bottled water
    Organic cereal
    Low fat Goat's milk (natural and easy to digest)
    Vege cheese
    Organic eggs
    Organic nuts
    etc etc.....
    I buy everything organic which means I sometimes have to travel a few cities away to get what I want.

4. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Learn to hunt and fish. You'll have the freshest leanest cleanest meat you could possibly eat. Take for instance venison, 99 percent lean with no growth hormones or chemicals to worry about. It'll also save you big bucks at the store not to mention the hiking involved to get to the good hunting/fishing spots is good exercise.

5. why

why Senior member

Learn to hunt and fish. You'll have the freshest leanest cleanest meat you could possibly eat. Take for instance venison, 99 percent lean with no growth hormones or chemicals to worry about. It'll also save you big bucks at the store not to mention the hiking involved to get to the good hunting/fishing spots is good exercise.

Yeah but bumpers are expensive and I hate having to powerwash the gore off my truck just to make some jerky.

6. ld3

ld3 Member

Animals and fish are still affected by the environment that they live in. Not all of us have access to pristine waters and land from which we can hunt/fish. There are places near NYC, and I'm guessing Boston as well, where eating locally-caught fish are harmful. And if those waters are so polluted that I can't eat the fish, would I chance it to eat the animals who eat/drink from those same waters?

I realize that you are writing from Williamsburg, MO and not Williamsburg, BK.

7. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Animals and fish are still affected by the environment that they live in. Not all of us have access to pristine waters and land from which we can hunt/fish. There are places near NYC, and I'm guessing Boston as well, where eating locally-caught fish are harmful. And if those waters are so polluted that I can't eat the fish, would I chance it to eat the animals who eat/drink from those same waters?

I realize that you are writing from Williamsburg, MO and not Williamsburg, BK.

That's true however you don't have to go far from a big city to get to better grounds either. A decent sized deer will yield around a 100 pounds of meat so a few hours drive to upstate NY would be well worth it. Fishing is a bit more tricky. I live in the middle of nowhere but if you eat the fish from a pond that has runoff from a crop field you'll eat a lot of poison. The thing is you are in control of the when, how and from where factors which is way better than most store bought items.

8. jjjohn

jjjohn Senior member

Based upon what?

science (biochemistry)

9. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    Greek Yogurt
    Buffalo meat
    Ostrich meat
    Venison

10. ken

ken Senior member

What he said. I kill 2 or 3 deer a year and never have to buy red meat, which is nice considering I don't like factory farms and try not to support them.

Not sure if you saw this, Señor Crane, but this is what I got in November.

Other than that, it's O.J., Purple Stuff, Soda, and Sunny D.

11. wiscogooner

wiscogooner Senior member

gotta find a place to go ostrich hunting. that shit would be wild

12. peshlaki

peshlaki Well-Known Member

Ken.....damn fine buck,and damn fine hat.

13. coopster

coopster Senior member

Low sodium salt? WTF?!?!

my thoughts exactly

14. SField

SField Senior member

Even better tip; for all you single people, just buy what you are going to eat that day, especially if you live near a WF or TJ, or even better.

When you buy a whole truck load of shit, by the time you get to some of it, it isn't that fresh anymore. I think it's very important to go buy things every day, because it makes you conscious of what you're eating, and makes it a bit more fun. Even when I'm trying to eat very lean and strict, I still like standing in front of the produce section and the meat counter and thinking what can I do with what's in front of me? You'll always have fresh stuff, and you'll probably save money. If it's anything like in my house as a kid, or the like many of my friends, you end up buying a lot of stuff you never really end up eating.