• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate Casual Shoes

alphaO888

Reaction score
Couldn't find any recent threads.

I've always had difficulty choosing shoes to wear on the weekends as I usually wear sneakers when I'm not at work. All of my work shoes are oxfords, which i feel would look ridiculous with a pair of jeans or casual pants.

What are some of the ultimate, higher end, casual wear shoes that you guys wear on a weekly (or even daily) basis when you're not in slacks/suits? Pics would be awesome...

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bucs and penny loafers. They can be purchased at pretty much whatever level of quality you want.

Raralith

Reaction score
I wear a pair of JL driver shoes in chalk/white, and it's a bit more casual than a penny.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In autumn/winter (and maybe even spring): ankle boots. There is a wide range so you can tune the right degree of casualness.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You've got a lot of options depending on weather and level of desired formality

Desert boots
Frye boots
Three holer Doc Marten shoes
A big range of driving mocs in various colours, suede or leather
'Dress' sneakers (I know!) like white Stan Smiths or Sambas
Off white or tan (dirty) bucks

Even topsiders if you are totally desperate and lacking in imagination
laugh.gif

aphextwin07

Reaction score
even drivers feel to formal for weekend wear at my age, but that would be my go to if it came to it.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think any wingtip derby with a storm welt, double leather sole, or dianite is the ultimate casual shoe. My friend just got RL Darltons and they look great with anything, suit, jeans, cords...

ndw

Reaction score
These:

Link: http://store.dynend.com/thesloopslipon.aspx

The sloop slip on (while pricey) is incredibly comfortable and the perfect casual shoe IMO. It's basically my go to for casual (and can even work dressed up a bit - although some may disagree).

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ultimate casual shoes that are not sneakers imo are a pair of something along the lines of C&J Connaughts in suede.

hatguy

Reaction score
suede chukkas

alden has a nice unstructured chukka

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
These:

Link: http://store.dynend.com/thesloopslipon.aspx

The sloop slip on (while pricey) is incredibly comfortable and the perfect casual shoe IMO. It's basically my go to for casual (and can even work dressed up a bit - although some may disagree).

Those shoes are beautiful
worship.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads