• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UK- What Style/Design/Colour Hoodies Are Suitable For A 26-Year Old Guy?

adamt

Reaction score
All the current hoodys i own were bought years ago, so have bold print or bright colours
which i feel are unsuitable now i dress more my age, and wear boat shoes/chinos/cargos

So i was wondering where other people my age shop for hoodys?

Is there any brands which sell hoodys most suitable for my age?
What colours/styles are best and most versatile?

Are hoodys ever suitable to wear with cargos/chinos/boat shoes
i want to wear a hoody casually but at the same time not looking sporty
i.e. to the pub, shops, etc

zipped or pull over/ no zip?

Budget is no more than £50 per hoody

Gorpomon

Reaction score
After 25 you can no longer wear hoodies or chucks, I think its codified in the unspoken statute of #menswear communicated by nods of approbation. Look at it this way, you didn't age out of the game, you're just in a different league now.

But seriously, switch to the much better world of sweaters or cardigans. If you sincerely must, then the answer is a navy hoodie with no visible logos or embellishments, nothing else. Zip or no zip doesn't matter, either one will at best make you look like you idolize Mark Zuckerberg. You can probably get one at American Apparel if they didn't close down while I was writing this.

evel

Reaction score
Im 35 and started smartining up my wardrobe in my late 20's, i love the look of street wear (was always a supreme head), but really have to choose pieces carefully now, the prints and big logos are almost completly gone from my wardrobe, A plain zip up is acceptable still, gives u options with a complimenting colour tee underneath.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads