• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Uk versus us shoe size

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
These shoes are not of much interest http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws....MEWA:IT But the accompanying size conversion chart is. No wonder it is so hard for me to get the right fit. Edward Green says a UK10 = a US10.5; lots of other English shoe companies say that UK10 = a US11; but this chart says that a UK10 = a US11.5. What a range.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a loose fit. So I take a 9E in the Alden tassel loafer and an 8.5F British size in both the Church (e.g. Consul, Kingsley) and in Crockett Jones handgrade and benchgrade

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That chart is dead wrong. UK size is 1/2-1 size smaller than the corresponding US size, depending on the maker.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good point - some charts are brand specific. However, if the shoes are made in Northampton, you aren't going to see much variation from the 1/2-1 size rule.

About Italian shoes - if your foot is the least bit wide, you can almost count on buying a half size large. An Italian size 45, for instance, is commonly labeled a US 12, but it's actually more of an 11 1/2.

Edit - Prada shoe sizing is funky. Almost as bad as Weston.

MikeF

Reaction score
Prada is truly screwed up. I'm normally a 10.5 or 11. In Prada, I take a 9 or a 9.5. An 8.5 comes very close to fitting sometimes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.