1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

UK shoe sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rdawson808, May 12, 2006.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Distinguished Member

I'm wonderin if a UK8 will fit me well. I usually wear a US 9 and have a pair of Loakes in UK8.5 which are a teensy bit too big. Will the UK 8 be too small you think? I'm looking at some Barkers on EBay for reference.

cheers all,
    bob

2. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

I'm wonderin if a UK8 will fit me well. I usually wear a US 9 and have a pair of Loakes in UK8.5 which are a teensy bit too big. Will the UK 8 be too small you think? I'm looking at some Barkers on EBay for reference.

cheers all,
    bob

Frankly, that would depend on the last/shoe from what I understand.

3. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Distinguished Member

I'd rather err on the side of teensy bit too big than too tight. I can always put insoles in shoes that are bit big but I really hate stretching tight shoes.

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

While the last is very important, Barkers tend to run big across the board so I would get an 8. You can always ask for measurements from the ebay seller to have a better idea.

5. Cuff Link

Cuff Link Well-Known Member

How are shoes properly measured? Using the sole outside? On the outside of the leather? The inside?

Cuff