• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UK Shirt Fabric Makers

Manchester

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping that someone might be able to help out with some advice.

I've had a couple of shirts made over the last couple of years, and have ended up using fabrics from Acorn Fabrics and Ringhart. Acorn Fabrics has a good website (http://www.acornfabrics.com/), with good photographs of the available fabrics. Ringhart has a website, but it's always "under construction", so is hard to find out what fabrics they have to offer.

So, other than my limited knowledge above, who else can I go to in the UK, whereby they have a website, which shows a good selection of the available shirting fabrics?

In addition, I did have a read through http://www.styleforum.net/t/181380/shirting-fabric-is-acorn-still-the-best-bet where people have mentioned purchasing fabric from Indian Mills, however, no one has mentioned company names or websites. Anything like this, would also be appreciated.

Manchester

Reaction score

the indian mills that are referenced, deal with the trade only.

an individual like yourself, could not purchase directly.

Thanks for the reply.

That's fine, as I can get a tailor to purchase the fabric, I just want to look at many varieties of fabrics that are available, and either purchase the one that I want myself, or be able to provide the fabric details and where to get it from, where a tailor can purchase what I would like.

I suppose it's more about seeing what is actually available choice wise, from various producers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads