• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UK labels I like: YMC, Oliver Spencer, 6876, Griffin

down4nyhc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The duffel knit is even much cooler in person (I remember that Hejfina carried them this season as well). I recommend sizing down on that one, along with the Shawl Cable Cardigan.
those things are huge and so were most of the heavy knits in this years collection. i passed on getting the small at 70% off because it was too big even though i'm 6'1".

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I was a small on the duffel knit when I tried it on, and I'm 6'2" with a 38" chest for reference - I couldn't imagine them being a good fit for someone who's small or really skinny. Their regular lightweight cardigans and jumpers are true to size in my experience though.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by down4nyhc
those things are huge and so were most of the heavy knits in this years collection. i passed on getting the small at 70% off because it was too big even though i'm 6'1".

They are supposed to be slouchy and oversized though. I dunno. A small was right for me, and I am just 5'11", and 155 lbs.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
They are supposed to be slouchy and oversized though. I dunno. A small was right for me, and I am just 5'11", and 155 lbs.
I guess they could be worn oversized... seems kind of weird though. Some of them are cut like jackets however, and I even have one heavy cardigan from them that is fully lined on the inside.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I guess they could be worn oversized... seems kind of weird though. Some of them are cut like jackets however, and I even have one heavy cardigan from them that is fully lined on the inside.

Not oversized, more like slouchy... It is a pretty commone silhouette this season, and not just from YMC. Check out brands from Raf Simons to B.Son. The heavy lined cardigan from last winter is not quite the same. It is bulky, but not really oversized.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not oversized, more like slouchy... It is a pretty commone silhouette this season, and not just from YMC. Check out brands from Raf Simons to B.Son.
Any examples of "slouchy" online specifically? Just curious on the look.

Lysol

Reaction score
They have been doing the same, slightly boxy, slightly deliberately awkward silhouette ever since the brand's inception

I think I need an updated definition of "slightly."
teacha.gif

I have the Capandula from a season or so back in size medium. I'm tall and thin. The body is about 6" too long, the sleeves 3" too short and the draw string at the hem, which is the only thing that prevents you from looking like you're wearing the liberty bell, holds in place for maybe ten minutes at a time. That said, I like the way their clothes look on other people.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont get it... that Duffel in a small measures 20" pit to pit, 20" sleeves, and 27.5" back which is almost exactly the same for the Barracuda slim fit g9. I have a Van Heusen barracuda with those measurements (except a lot shorter, 25") and its tight on me. (im not skinny though but Im short)

I thought YMC cuts were supposed to be 'modern'? i.e. slim.

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
I think I need an updated definition of "slightly."
teacha.gif

I have the Capandula from a season or so back in size medium. I'm tall and thin. The body is about 6" too long, the sleeves 3" too short and the draw string at the hem, which is the only thing that prevents you from looking like you're wearing the liberty bell, holds in place for maybe ten minutes at a time. That said, I like the way their clothes look on other people.

Its not just me then ! I have the same capendula jacket and can only reiterate what you said. I try to pull it in tight at the bottom and fold it under but it just doesnt look right at least on me. I tthink the original version of the capendula was shorter from what i've seen.

telemark

Reaction score
i know its a bit cheekey but if either of you fancy getting rid of your cappendulas if your not wearing them anymore id be happy to pay a decent price for them! cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads