1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

UK: 25 Year old man, what casual '#bottoms' can i wear besides jeans, that are not joggers/sweatpant

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by adamt, May 14, 2012.

1. Oleg

Oleg Senior member

Gap have both a very casual, slightly beaten up chino and a smarter one. If you go for the former, you can just wear them like jeans - t'shirt, casual or polo shirt, etc. Avoid shirts you could wear a tie with and shoes that'd go with a suit (the yanks all wear button downs and loafers with their suits but, being British, we couldn't possibly countenance such a thing:D). On yer plates, again, whatever goes with jeans: desert boots, trainers (though I'd stick to the more plimsol-style ones like Converse or Vans, personally. Not keen on that 'US professor out sightseeing' look of baggy-arsed chinos and Nikes). Vice versa for the smarter ones.
    On colours, whatever goes with whatever else you've got. The sort of tan/biscuity colours are more usual but I've had a grey pair that I've worn the backside out of from overuse. Tend to avoid black personally and, ridiculously, I've found navy ones hard to pair with anything. Can't work out why but they just never seem to look right. Yet swap them for dark navy jeans and it's all fine. Perhaps one of the properly knowledgeable can tell me why.

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

You are probably doing what most of your age do in the UK.

Nothing wrong with jogging bottoms at home (please do not go out in them) then jeans or chinos for going out. 'Five pocket trouser's are a good choice to compromise. You could get these currently fashionable skinny chinos , most have four pockets which is convenient although I suspect the fashion will die away, there again they are not expensive.

3. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Wow, nobody has recommended forum affiliate Epaulet Rivet Chinos yet?
    Have a closer look at the various colors, you will also get an idea what to wear with them from looking at the detailed sites of all the different styles.
    http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-Mens-Clothing-cln-Rivet-Chinos/Categories

Regarding which colors you should/we recommend you to go for - I'd say stick to the picture JohnnyLaw posted
    [​IMG]
    Add the Clay option from Epaulet, all shades of khaki you like and maybe, if you like it as much as I do, the color IST66 is wearing in this picture of his tumblr
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  4. adamt

adamt Senior member

thanks for all the replies,. its much appreciated!

thanks for answering the questions Bounder, good stuff