• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

:uhoh: Disgusting workplace behaviors.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
there are a few guys on the floor who seem to pride themselves in unleashing an audible litany of hate into the porcelain each afternoon. Normally I don't mind that much.

What I do mind is the rare occasion where they "hold off" when they hear somebody else (like me) walk in only to let it blast as soon as they hear the door open as the other occupant exits the restroom (and by default entering the public hallway with the sounds of suffering trailing behind for all the world to hear)

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I work with a woman who I've been told doesn't sit when she uses the toilet. She is about 300 lbs and eats a HUGE fried lunch EVERYDAY. Sometimes its fired chicken cutlet heros, sometimes its burgers (yes, plural), and sometimes its chinese, but its always with a big bag of potato chips and a DIET Coke. She has severe stomach issues that keep her out of work quite a bit, yet she continues her diet. But the disgusting part is the fact that she pisses and ***** all over the seat in the ladies rooms and never cleans it. She appalls my wife and I'm glad I don't need to share facilities with her, as I already eat lunch away from her. But if she thinks that lowly of herself, imagine how she thinks about everyone else.

eek.gif

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MasterOfReality
wtf is it with the chinese and their habits?

In my last job, I got a *********** stuck in my office. From day one there were issues. He would literally yell into the phone in chinese with no regard for anybody else, he would be constantly coughing-clearing throat-snorting-burping, and the one that sent me beserk was when he starting farting every few minutes. My rant at him was enough to bring the boss running down the hall. And its not like I pent up all the anger either, I used to ask him regularly if he could be a bit more considerate.

I ended up quitting because my boss refused to move him or myself to another office.

So I have been in the next job for 2 years and my boss hires a new guy. Yep, a ***********.

Same ******* problems, minus the farting. Same old politely asking if he could just act ******* normal for once. Even the damn secretary is complaining of the noise.

Going to speak to the boss today otherwise its going to drive me ******* insane soon.

I noticed the same yelling and throat/allergy issues.

Nazareth

Reaction score
Washing your hands after using an automated urinal is like, well, I don't have an analogy but it's pretty ******* stupid. My genitalia is by far cleaner than every surface of a public bathroom, and even if I do wash my hands because my aim was off or I was in a hurry, I roll out sufficient paper towels beforehand, then wash my hands and turn off the faucet using the towel as a barrier between myself and the crazy ass people that are at my university. If anything, it seems more logical to wash your hands before you handle your junk, considering you probably just touched a nasty door-knob, a filthy keyboard, and an absolutely repulsive mouse.

On a different but related note, in my first semester here I was using the bathroom on the upper level of the library and there was this guy in one of the stalls wearing probably size 14 white AF1's. As I was standing in front of the mirror I could see from under the stall a pair of feet wearing light brown wingtips and no socks complimenting some fairly cropped chinos magically come down facing the direction of the other guy. I could not comprehend what I had seen for like 3 minutes. I still occasionally look at people's shoes when I'm in the library, trying to find the closeted basketball playing and sartorialist bathroom lovers.

MasterOfReality

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius
I noticed the same yelling and throat/allergy issues.
Update - the project admin had a go at him the other day about his constant coughing, as he doesn't cover his mouth when he coughs. Result? The office was blissfully quiet for the day. Which proves a point - he can keep it under control if he wants, but simply chooses not to. There is a huge difference between having a medical condition and being plain inconsiderate, especially to those that have to share the same small office. The office manager came in the other day and told me that its just what some Chinese do, its cultural difference and I just have to get used to it. I told him we are in Australia, not some damn village in China and to hell with the politically correct garbage. I invited him to move this guy outside his office and see if he gets reports written with 100% concentration. He then accused me of fixating on the coughing, which makes it worse. I repeated my invitation which he refused to answer. Don't think that went down too well. I ended up sending Mr Cough on a 3 month consignment out to one of our clients mine sites. Bliss!

Monaco

Reaction score
A while ago when I worked at a 5 star hotel, a server at our restaurant often urinated into the trash can by the internal bar, you can bet your sweet ass he didn't wash his hands. Of course, eventually he was fired but I was pretty grossed when I found out.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Monaco
A while ago when I worked at a 5 star hotel, a server at our restaurant often urinated into the trash can by the internal bar, you can bet your sweet ass he didn't wash his hands. Of course, eventually he was fired but I was pretty grossed when I found out.

I've seen drunk line cooks take leaks on the loading dock while on a smoke break and return to the line like it was nothing.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
At my first job out of college, we we packed three to an office (less than 12 x 12 rooms) and there were a lot of "odd" habits. One guy had a habit of eating at least a couple of bananas EVERY morning in a fashion that sounded oddly like sloppy fellatio. Same guy came to work with a strong stomach flu every couple of months and would lie about how sick he was so he wouldn't be forced to go home. Another guy flossed his teeth at his desk after lunch every day. Another clipped their nails regularly at the desk. Several of the coworkers discussed their bathroom habits and the "results" of their toilet visits in detail.

Anytime I get fed up with working at home, I think back to that experience.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oDD_LotS
At my first job out of college, we we packed three to an office (less than 12 x 12 rooms) and there were a lot of "odd" habits. One guy had a habit of eating at least a couple of bananas EVERY morning in a fashion that sounded oddly like sloppy fellatio. Same guy came to work with a strong stomach flu every couple of months and would lie about how sick he was so he wouldn't be forced to go home. Another guy flossed his teeth at his desk after lunch every day. Another clipped their nails regularly at the desk. Several of the coworkers discussed their bathroom habits and the "results" of their toilet visits in detail.

Anytime I get fed up with working at home, I think back to that experience.

Care to share nationality on this one?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

In my experience the "nail clipping at the desk" trait seems to cross all national/ethnic borders, at least amongst engineers. For many, nail clipping appears to be about the only personal grooming which they do regularly.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
All behaviors were from white, American-born WV residents. While this was an engineering department, we were closer to inhouse designers. Edit: I should also mention this was a mixed gender group ranging from early 20's male to mid 50's grandmothers. And pretty much all of them were participants to the madness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads