• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ugly Pocket Square Contest - And The Winner Is......

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pocket squares are a fun accessory. But, like many things on Styleforum there are the good, the bad and the ugly. This will be the "thread of shame" for pocket squares that should never decorate the pocket of any gentleman. So, dig into the back corner of your closet and find that pocket square "mistake" that you made and post it here. I will judge the "winner" and send them a nice classic square. All entries must be in by July 31st, 2011 and posted here.

The first entry is one I received in the recent issue of Men's Club magazine:

This is an ugly pocket square gents.....

uglyPS.jpg

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think I can do this. Can I post a group shot and let someone else decide? Or I have to select one myself?

I don't have time to read 30 post worth of pocket squre pictures:D

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think I can do this. Can I post a group shot and let someone else decide? Or I have to select one myself?

Sorry, no extra points for ugly group shots.Only one pocket square per entry pic. But you can enter as often as you like.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to own the PS for it to qualify?
That's right buster, it has to be one you own. Now fess up and show us that ugly square of yours :)
Crap. :( I literally just started my PS collection last week (coincidentally, buying my first one from Spoo). As of this weekend, I own a grand total of three squares. I suppose I could post a "group shot" of my power trio.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case you need to buy an entry you can get one of these pre-folded beauties at http://pocketsquarez.buzznet.com/user/photos/prefolded-pocket-squares/?id=51382541

PREFOLDED POCKET SQUARES
PocketSquareZ are unique, custom made, prefolded handkerchiefs made of silk or fine satin. Each one is carefully folded and sewn together between an attractive insert card that easily fits into your suit jacket pocket.

They save you time, money and frustration !

No need to fold, starch, iron or re - position in your jacket pocket.

Just drop it in and go!

msg-123743642832.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This certainly makes those early morning decisions easy about what tie and pocket square to wear....

il_fullxfull242535927.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh92/amp94596/****-off-pocket-square-streetstyle-paris-men.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads