• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uglier Than Crocs.

MarcInDentonTx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by starcrash
My neighbor wears these every day as his preferred footwear. He used to wear Crocs or hiking boots.

I bet your neighbor has a UtiliKilt too.

Crocs.
Hiking Boots as everyday footwear.
These things.

We are going to hell in a handcart.

frown.gif

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I've seen people wear these with regular clothing, and it makes me want to be an alcoholic.

vibram-five-fingers-shoes.png

I was at a nightclub one night and while taking a piss, I saw this black dude next to me wearing these exact same monstrosities.

True story.

myke

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
I was at a nightclub one night and while taking a piss, I saw this black dude next to me wearing these exact same monstrosities.

True story.

myke

Come on...

Nobody wearing these monstruosities would have been allowed in a nightclub in England...

No trainers ,no plastic simian shoes.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero

"People who don't wear shoes when they run have an astonishingly different strike," said Daniel E. Lieberman, professor of human evolutionary biology at Harvard University and co-author of a paper appearing in the journal Nature. "By landing on the middle or front of the foot, barefoot runners have almost no impact collision, much less than most shod runners generate when they heel-strike.

The problem with this is that a stride where the heel strikes first, and the foot rolls to the toe is a more efficient stride. It allows a runner to run faster and longer, while expending less energy.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If the velcro part were replaced with a proper buckled monk strap, it would be an attractive shoe. Even better if it could be redesigned as a double monk. Not appropriate with suits, of course, but with a SC and office pants it would really hit the mark.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky

True story.

myke

thats_racist.gif

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

I'm not sure if people are serious in their criticisms of this shoe either, frankly. When it comes to shirts and jeans and suits, it's all slim fit this and slim fit that. But when a true slim fit shoe makes its appearance on the market, there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Perhaps some people need to hang out with Cruiser and the gang at AAAC if they can't handle the slim fit.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
i have that exact same pair.

just saying

Me too. And I'm wearing them right now, after eight hours out at the football fields. My feet feel just fine.
smile.gif

brandom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
I'm not sure if people are serious in their criticisms of this shoe either, frankly. When it comes to shirts and jeans and suits, it's all slim fit this and slim fit that. But when a true slim fit shoe makes its appearance on the market, there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Perhaps some people need to hang out with Cruiser and the gang at AAAC if they can't handle the slim fit.

Now that you mention it, I think the 5 Finger shoes would look fantastic with a neoprene wetsuit. And it would definitely illustrate the hypocrisy of this board if they didn't like my "slim fit" ensemble when I wore it to a black tie affair.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
i have that exact same pair.

just saying

You're bonkers...
laugh.gif

They're just atrocious...

I prefer walking on my hands than wearing these freaks of nature.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
The problem with this is that a stride where the heel strikes first, and the foot rolls to the toe is a more efficient stride. It allows a runner to run faster and longer, while expending less energy.

Does it?

I'm kinda skeptical, what little running on the front of my foot I've done felt much better.

I don't see any other animals, esp the fast ones like cheetahs running heel-toe.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
Does it?

I'm kinda skeptical, what little running on the front of my foot I've done felt much better.

I don't see any other animals, esp the fast ones like cheetahs running heel-toe.

How many bipedal animals have you observed running?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads