• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UGG Short Boots and Suede Boots: Can Men Wear These?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"fashion forward fun"

Really? Ugg boots? Fashion forward?

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chez_dre
Ugly as hell. Dashing, never. Practical, well maybe. I have worn mine a couple of times out of the house to pick up the paper, take out the trash, retrieve something from the car, late night beer runs, but never before peeking out the door to make sure the coast was clear. It took me 2+ years to convince my girlfriend to stop wearing em, and I had to buy her 6+ pairs of alternates before she conceded.

still working on mine, 10 months in haha.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
woah, sweet, can you post pics?

I've been wearing mine for at least 6 months and have seen only a few fades. They're the Japanese versions, though, so I hear the suede is a bit more colorfast.

edit: Just realized nonissue was referring to his girl, not his uggs.

JelloLover

Reaction score
i was considering a pair but i went with a pair of Sorel Caribou....real men boats....uggs x 1201293190284 awesomeness

poelow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chez_dre
Ugly as hell. Dashing, never. Practical, well maybe. I have worn mine a couple of times out of the house to pick up the paper, take out the trash, retrieve something from the car, late night beer runs, but never before peeking out the door to make sure the coast was clear. It took me 2+ years to convince my girlfriend to stop wearing em, and I had to buy her 6+ pairs of alternates before she conceded.

+1 Practical for around the house, or discreet forays into public places, preferable under the cover of darkness. I also like them as "after-ski" boots. Feels great to put on after a day in skis.

Hany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I think/hope he's talking about something like this:

Bean Boots by L.L.Bean , 10" Shearling

Not really what I like, but I think they're common or commonish in colder environs.

No, those are ugly as well. I'm talking about the really classic styles that still have the warmth of the Uggs due to the sheepskin. I'm looking for a pic but can't find any. Iknow there's a Sioux model that is made of fur on the inside and has a really classic and manly style that I would suggest but as I said can't find pics.

Here's a model I found on eBay which is basically the same concept: classic "manly" (no Uggs BS) boot on the outside and real warm fur inside:
1225044268647_013.JPG

Hany

Reaction score
Here are also other eBay finds of what I meant (although less stylish than what I would usually like):
4d9c_1.JPG

1d26_1.JPG

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, fashion forward fun for real men (like Sean Connery)

blanco

Reaction score
Go to their main website and you'll see better looking boots.

UGGS are ok. Seems played out but whatever floats your boat.

The first picture looks decent. Decent for house usage. Would I get one? probably not.

Try looking for the Butte model. ( I just went to their site and they seem to be out of it). This is the one I have.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voted the last for hilarity. Except its not funny, it's terrible.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Uggs are exactly what they sound like. Ugh. Can't say ugly without the Ugg.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt even wear them in my house. Same with Crocs.

martjc786

Reaction score
i wore a pair one weekend while in the snow. they fared pretty well. kept my feet warm/dry. i dont think id wear em casually though.

tetsuo

Reaction score
hell no

my gf bought a pair last week. i was sad inside.

darkie_one

Reaction score
I wear my UGG short boots with Nudie Slim Jim (tucked) or with APC Rescue (untucked), sometimes I wear them barefoot at winter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads