• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UFO sighting in Texas

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jkennett

Reaction score
Unidentified Flying Objects... sure. There are bound to be multiple military/government projects going on that could explain this. From what I recall the SR-71 and A-12 sitings were thought to be UFO's in their early days after the military refused to accept ownership. This could be a similar situation. In any case, I don't believe in aliens from another planet flying over Texas.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...e/1282426.html

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
Unidentified Flying Objects... sure. There are bound to be multiple military/government projects going on that could explain this. From what I recall the SR-71 and A-12 sitings were thought to be UFO's in their early days after the military refused to accept ownership. This could be a similar situation. In any case, I don't believe in aliens from another planet flying over Texas.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...e/1282426.html

Agreed. It's undeniable that there are Unidentified Flying Objects. Does that necessarily translate into aliens? IMO, not at all.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends. If you mean "UFO" literally, then I think it's quite believable that there might be an aircraft that is not immediately recognizable and hence "unidentified."

If you mean spaceships with little green men in them, then who knows. One of my favorite quotes on this topic is actually from the movie Contact. It was something to the effect that if there isn't any other life out there in the universe, it seems like an awfully large waste of space.

When I was younger I was outside at night once and saw some flashing lights hovering in the sky. My first reaction was "UFO!" and it kind of freaked me out. But after a minute the lights changed to spell out "Goodyear" and I realized it was the stupid blimp. I still don't know why it was flying at night though.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philosoph
Depends. If you mean "UFO" literally, then I think it's quite believable that there might be an aircraft that is not immediately recognizable and hence "unidentified."

If you mean spaceships with little green men in them, then who knows. One of my favorite quotes on this topic is actually from the movie Contact. It was something to the effect that if there isn't any other life out there in the universe, it seems like an awfully large waste of space.

When I was younger I was outside at night once and saw some flashing lights hovering in the sky. My first reaction was "UFO!" and it kind of freaked me out. But after a minute the lights changed to spell out "Goodyear" and I realized it was the stupid blimp. I still don't know why it was flying at night though.

Maybe because it was commandeered by little green men?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's been a while (a few hours) since we've seen posts from our own little green man -- Connemara.

jessetk313

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Do you believe in UFO's?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tec...fo.search.wfaa

Of course, you have to believe in unidentified flying objects since there are many sightings of them every year. Some I definitely believe are our military's in testing while others simply aren't. If people really believe that this planet is the only one with life on it out of all the galaxies out there then I believe that is the silliest thing ever. Sometimes people just need to step outside the box. Of course there is life out there other then us, and I am sure they aren't green men as people like to portray other life forms outside of Earth.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
Of course, you have to believe in unidentified flying objects since there are many sightings of them every year. Some I definitely believe are our military's in testing while others simply aren't. If people really believe that this planet is the only one with life on it out of all the galaxies out there then I believe that is the silliest thing ever. Sometimes people just need to step outside the box. Of course there is life out there other then us, and I am sure they aren't green men as people like to portray other life forms outside of Earth.

Just to play Devil's Advocate a bit, but outside of anecdotal evidence from people who've been 'abducted' or things like that, please show me some kind of proof, or hell, any kind of evidence other than the argument "the universe is so big there has to be more" that supports your idea.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Feel free to watch it on your next coffee break:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4Kn...eature=related

I'll watch it on my lunch break in a few.

I just wanna say I was only playing Devil's advocate. I don't believe in Aliens per se, but that doesn't mean that the study or idea of it doesn't fascinate me. It does. But the idea of a Masonic conspiracy to control the worlds fascinates me as well, and I read books on it quite often, but that doesn't mean I believe it to be true.

jessetk313

Reaction score
Well it is definitely hard to provide factual proven evidence on the issue since the government has either covered things up or killed individuals to silence them, Milton William Cooper for example. Just look at 9/11 for example. It is one of the sketchiest events in recorded history, in my opinion. Governments do as they please and will continue to do so. I've gotten a little off topic here but my point is that there will never be factual evidence on this issue because of the governments involvement and hiding of things. I have stated above that is only my opinion, not that one must agree, but if you do not believe in other life forms then you are just silly. Why would life only be here on this planet? It just doesn't make sense to me. I cannot prove anything. Although I wish I could I can't so I assume you have stumped me for now lol.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So im assuming you are one that does believe in unearth like life forms?
Just like kwilikinson's previous post, the uiniverse is so vast and infinite that I'm keeping an open mind. Astro physics is a fascinating subject and even Stephen Hawkins does not discount the high probablity of other life forms out there.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just like kwilikinson's previous post, the uiniverse is so vast and infinite that I'm keeping an open mind. Astro physics is a fascinating subject and even Stephen Hawkins does not discount the high probablity of other life forms out there.

But I don't believe either he or Sagan would say we have ever been or will ever likely be visited, in "person", by otherworldly beings. The more likely visitation would be by their robotic/androidic proxies and even then the chance that they would come to Earth barely registers above nil even though the chance that the life exists is much higher.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Well it is definitely hard to provide factual proven evidence on the issue since the government has either covered things up or killed individuals to silence them, Milton William Cooper for example. Just look at 9/11 for example. It is one of the sketchiest events in recorded history, in my opinion. Governments do as they please and will continue to do so. I've gotten a little off topic here but my point is that there will never be factual evidence on this issue because of the governments involvement and hiding of things. I have stated above that is only my opinion, not that one must agree, but if you do not believe in other life forms then you are just silly. Why would life only be here on this planet? It just doesn't make sense to me. I cannot prove anything. Although I wish I could I can't so I assume you have stumped me for now lol.

No, no I don't think I do have you stumped. I hadn't thought of governments silencing people's beliefs. Given that fact, which I believe is definitely a fact, then anecdotal evidence of regular people, or your own personal experience itself is the only way that one could have any sort of 'proof' or evidence. Well done sir. I thought I had you covered 6 ways to Sunday, and yet you got me!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads