• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

UFC/Tapout/Affliction *vomit*

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was home for the holidays and went to a local bar in the downtown area. They were playing a UFC fight, so the crowd was full of the typical douche jockeys wearing these tapout, affliction/UFC shirts, despite the fact that probably 99% of them don't do any fighting themselves...What exactly is the whole appeal of this fad?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Awesome fight card yesterday.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
I was home for the holidays and went to a local bar in the downtown area. They were playing a UFC fight, so the crowd was full of the typical douche jockeys wearing these tapout, affliction/UFC shirts, despite the fact that probably 99% of them don't do any fighting themselves...What exactly is the whole appeal of this fad?

you don't even have to go to a UFC fight or a bar where they play UFC. a lot of guys around here wear the affliction stuff regularly. i guess chicks dig it i think its retarded.

KenN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited

Same appeal as driving a Hummer, or using Axe body spray.
I see things like these as beacons of bad taste.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shit is ugly, overpriced, etc.. But how many times does it need to be said around here?

Reborn

Reaction score
Why wasn't Ed Hardy included in the title?

I demand an edit.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Am i the only one who sees this on a regular occurrence here in the malls of orange county and los angeles?

The typical douchebag meathead guy with tats all over his neck and arms (whereever visible) veins and muscles poppin out like he just immediately worked out before he came to the mall wearing AFFLICTION/SkULLS/ED HARDY tight wife beater shirt with TRUE RELIGION jeans all predistressed in the wrong areas
With his just recent bobble-head gym rat lady friend pick up in hand visiting stores like guess/AIX/a and f/ nordstrom rail/ etc

Not that i really care how they look but the few run ins i had with these 'couples' at the mall (us trying to get by as they block the only aisle to pass or they end up perusing the same batch of clothes we are)
they had the nasty attitudes. Couldnt stand them, they act so entitled and subtly bullyish with no pardon or courtesy to other women (like my wife) trying to walk by and stuff. Just my rant

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Am i the only one who sees this on a regular occurrence here in the malls of orange county and los angeles?

The typical douchebag meathead guy with tats all over his neck and arms (whereever visible) veins and muscles poppin out like he just immediately worked out before he came to the mall wearing AFFLICTION/SkULLS/ED HARDY tight wife beater shirt with TRUE RELIGION jeans all predistressed in the wrong areas
With his just recent bobble-head gym rat lady friend pick up in hand visiting stores like guess/AIX/a and f/ nordstrom rail/ etc

i know exactly what you mean lol. i see it all the time.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure theres a fair share of tat-ed and roided up meatheads rocking affliction/christian audigier etc. but this weekend at the mall most of the people I saw wearing this stuff just looked like regular nice guys. Led me to believe that alot of people who wear this stuff may just be misinformed and are not all douches.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
The shit is ugly, overpriced, etc.. But how many times does it need to be said around here?

As is a lot of the stuff in WAYWT.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The neutron bomb is one of the more underrated inventions of the last fifty years.

Reborn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
As is a lot of the stuff in WAYWT.

LoL.

I think the watwt stuff will look slightly better when viewed back upon 10 years from now. Not much but maybe a little :p

The affliction/hardy/true religion stuff is going to be to our generation what neon and bleached jeans were to the 80's

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 272 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.7%
  • 31 - 40