• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ufc 69

mizanation

Reaction score
man, that GSP/Serra fight further confirms that anything can happen in MMA.

i always thought that GSP's stand up was overrated, matt hughes and ** penn did pretty good against him standing up, i thought. maybe serra saw some holes in GSP's standup.

some more mma news. antonio rodrigo nogueira signs with the UFC. sakuraba comes back to Pride, his first fight back is with Kiyoshi Tamura.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PLEASE lets have some yellow cards in the UFC. Koscheck and Sanchez would owe us money for putting everyone to sleep.

Brian SD

Reaction score
unfucking believable.

Nothing but respect for both fighters, I'm happy for Matt because he's a very respectable guy, just all around a good dude. GSP is an excellent fighter, obviously, but man he really set up wrong for that fight. He was completely convinced it was gonna be about the ground game, and Serra came out and clocked him clean. GSP vs. Hughes, Couture vs. Sylvia, Serra vs. GSP. Lots of upsets lately.

I heard during the kos fight there were some fights breaking out in the stands and the audience completely switched their attention.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheHoff
PLEASE lets have some yellow cards in the UFC. Koscheck and Sanchez would owe us money for putting everyone to sleep.

Have you seen the earlier Pride matches? Royce Gracie's fights were hours long with no round breaks.

Doesn't justify the snooze-fest but that's how wrestlers work sometimes.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And adopt Pride's scoring system. The 10-point must scoring system does not work for a three-round MMA fight.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
And adopt Pride's scoring system. The 10-point must scoring system does not work for a three-round MMA fight.

Yea, no doubt. There are a lot of good things the UFC can adopt from Pride. Isn't the scoring a rule set by the state commissions for any contact sport, though?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't the scoring a rule set by the state commissions for any contact sport, though?
Yes. I think the state athletic commissions are worried about fight fixing, and the 10-point must system is a lot more transparent than the Pride system. So we're pretty much stuck with it. The judges need to reward takedown defense and submission attempts as much as takedowns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads