• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tyrwhitt cashmere

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about ordering a CT cashmere sweater, as they seem to be $140 with the discount page we have.  Anyone have any experience with these?  I'm interested in the V-necks and am wondering if the construction/cashmere is quality, and how deep the v-neck is.

Thanks.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I mean I wasn't expecting Purple Label quality. I'm just wondering, I guess, if it is worth $140 + shipping, or if I should just hope I run into something better at that price point in the future. I mean, it's not like I NEED a cashmere sweater right now, obviously. But, I would very much like/have been wanting a navy cashmere v-neck sweater and would like to have one before next winter (which in Boston should come in the next two months or so
smile.gif
).

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GREAT POST quill. Thanks. I think I'll see if I can pick up a Land's End gift card on Ebay, and then perhaps I'd cut the price under 100 even. Land's End isn't the best, but that cut (specifically the higher v-neck) is exactly what I'm looking for. And a great return policy too. Certainly doesn't have "bling" value, but that's not what I'm looking for.

quill

Reaction score
GREAT POST quill.  Thanks.  I think I'll see if I can pick up a Land's End gift card on Ebay, and then perhaps I'd cut the price under 100 even.  Land's End isn't the best, but that cut (specifically the higher v-neck) is exactly what I'm looking for.  And a great return policy too.  Certainly doesn't have "bling" value, but that's not what I'm looking for.
Thanks, johnnynorman3. Yeah, I don't know where it stands in the scheme of things, but I came across the price, and thought it wasn't bad, if the quality is good.

Let me know if you end up getting one, and what the quality is like.

shoreman80

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread for Land's End, but Quill, had you mentioned before that you had tried Land's End's "Custom" stuff? What's it like, quality/style?
I like the idea of a MTM shirt from them for under $100. More than I'd usually spend (and everyone will tell me just to use Jantzen) but maybe if I get some $$ this fall...

quill

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread for Land's End, but Quill, had you mentioned before that you had tried Land's End's "Custom" stuff? What's it like, quality/style? I like the idea of a MTM shirt from them for under $100. More than I'd usually spend (and everyone will tell me just to use Jantzen) but maybe if I get some $$ this fall...
Sorry, shoreman80, that wasn't me. I did mention, in response to your blazer question (http://www.styleforum.net/cgi-bin....nds+end), that I bought a blazer years ago that I still use, and has held up very well. Plus I have a squall jacket that's been phenomenal for its warmth and light weight. I think I have an old pair of chinos from them, too. I think they now have custom chinos, along with other stuff, but I haven't tried any of it. I'll occasionally take a peek at what they've got, because their prices are pretty low sometimes. But everyone says their return policy is great. I guess you could always try it and return it if it's not up to snuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads