1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Types of suits to wear?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nonstylishdude, Sep 24, 2013.

1. nonstylishdude

nonstylishdude New Member

I'm looking to find out what type of suit would be best for my school's homecoming. I'm leaning towards the blazer and khakis style, I want to look good, but not too fancy. Any suggestions?

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

What do other guys typically wear?

3. nonstylishdude

nonstylishdude New Member

I know 2 or 3 wearing a tux, but I'm not sure what the norm is, I didn't go to any in high school.

4. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

If a few guys are wearing a tuxedo, you should be more than safe with a dark suit in either navy or grey. White shirt and a blue tie with a grey suit / silver to grey tie with a navy suit. This is a classic for a reason. If you want to wear something with a bit more color, try a pink shirt with a burgundy (burgundy, NOT red) tie.

If you go the navy blazer route, I suggest trying it with light to medium grey trousers. It will look better than a blazer with khakis and is also a better choice for an evening event. A white shirt is best if you are wearing grey trousers, light blue shirt if you are wearing khakis.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  5. GBR

GBR Senior member

Blazer and khakis is not a suit, What does the invitation say or ask the organiser. Your preference and evening dress are poles apart - one of you will look utterly out of place.