• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

types of cordovan

slicer

Reaction score
Hi,

So I was looking ard for cordovan wallets and I chanced upon this japanese brand "Cypris".
I looked through their range of cordovan wallets and am puzzled over the types that are being offered.

They have:
1) cordovan & vegetable tanning
2) oil cordovan
3) oil shell cordovan

Any leather experts out there could explain the differences between these 3?

http://noi-japan.com/noijapan/1.1/571/

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slicer
Hi,

So I was looking ard for cordovan wallets and I chanced upon this japanese brand "Cypris".
I looked through their range of cordovan wallets and am puzzled over the types that are being offered.

They have:
1) cordovan & vegetable tanning
2) oil cordovan
3) oil shell cordovan

Any leather experts out there could explain the differences between these 3?

http://noi-japan.com/noijapan/1.1/571/

1) Cordovan leather (equine leather) with a veg-tanned cow-hide interior
2) Cordovan leather (equine leather) treated with oils and waxes after the tanning process
3) Shell cordovan leather (equine ass leather) treated with oils and waxes after the tanning process

/thread

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.