• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Type 1 diabetes and acne

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Soy milk is against Paleo. All soy products are. You can have almond milk, but only in moderation. Giving up milk was hard for me, since I put it in my coffee. Found out that heavy whipping cream (again in moderation) is acceptable.

FWIW, I mainly followed this diet because they were having a three month challenge at my gym. Otherwise, I don't think I could have stuck on it. Too restrictive and I got bored with what I was always eating. The weight loss was nice, but I am sticking with the science that says it's a byproduct of the natural reduction in caloric intake. You can loose weight eating nothing but ice-cream too, if you keep the calories down. Paleo's at the height of the fad diet bell-curve right now, but like all of them it will eventually start to fade away back into obscurity.

Last edited:

JunyaYamamoto

Reaction score
i love soy milk, but never tried almond. ill have to try that next time i go to trader joes.

i was watching a sugar special on i believe it was 20/20, and it said the old belief that all calories are created equal is being disproved. they are currently researching people in a closed environment where they sleep and eat inside a lab, and they are finding that sugar calories are more fattening than other types of calories. people gained more weight with sugar even though they were eating the same amount of calories.

in addition, those carbohydrates trigger fat production and LDL cholesterol (the bad kind) which eventually clog up your arteries and cause heart problems. the takeaway is you don't need the sugar. you should have less sugar in one day than what you would find in a can of soda.

from an evolutionary standpoint we are programmed to like sugary fruit because they also offered fiber and vitamins. ice cream and cookies, however, is just sugar on steroids and something that has no nutrients.

*steps off soapbox*

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you are getting your health and medical advice from a special on 20/20 you are doing it wrong.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

mikeman

Reaction score

im 29, and just hit my 10th year as a type 1 diabetic. I get the occasional pimple, nothing major, but like you said...enough to piss me off. Ive never heard of a correlation between the two...ill ask my endo next time im there though. if you get any info let us know.

Thanks. Keep me updated, and I will also ask my doctor when I go see her next.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads