• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tying Shoelaces

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ever since I saw an episode of the Sopranos where Paulie Walnuts was talking about things that contaminate shoe laces, I haven't been able to tie my laces without washing my hands afterwards.

Speaking of which, which knot/bow system do you employ?

Since finding 'The Forum', I've started using 'The Shamed Diplomat' with a modified loop tug-stretch: my life has been transformed.

Now if only someone could make an antisceptic, perma-clean lace, all my problems would be over....

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just when I thought learning to fold a pocket square was the last thing I had to worry about. Some crazy lacings.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
Ever since I saw an episode of the Sopranos where Paulie Walnuts was talking about things that contaminate shoe laces, I haven't been able to tie my laces without washing my hands afterwards.

Speaking of which, which knot/bow system do you employ?

Since finding 'The Forum', I've started using 'The Shamed Diplomat' with a modified loop tug-stretch: my life has been transformed.

Now if only someone could make an antisceptic, perma-clean lace, all my problems would be over....

Could you demonstrate, describe, illustrate, photograph, or film an example of 'The Shamed Diplomat'?

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it 's almost the same as the Turtle Knot.

In the final stage it is necessary to tug tightly until almost finished but continue to pull out each loop so that it is marginally longer than the respective tails.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads