1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tying Shoelaces

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Britalian, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Britalian

Britalian Distinguished Member

Ever since I saw an episode of the Sopranos where Paulie Walnuts was talking about things that contaminate shoe laces, I haven't been able to tie my laces without washing my hands afterwards.

Speaking of which, which knot/bow system do you employ?

Since finding 'The Forum', I've started using 'The Shamed Diplomat' with a modified loop tug-stretch: my life has been transformed.

Now if only someone could make an antisceptic, perma-clean lace, all my problems would be over....

2. epa

epa Distinguished Member

3. lakewolf

lakewolf Distinguished Member

I do not know if the following link has already been mentioned in some old thread, but I post it here, just in case. I find it didactic.
    http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

Great site epa !

4. tiecollector

tiecollector Distinguished Member

Just when I thought learning to fold a pocket square was the last thing I had to worry about. Some crazy lacings.

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Ever since I saw an episode of the Sopranos where Paulie Walnuts was talking about things that contaminate shoe laces, I haven't been able to tie my laces without washing my hands afterwards.

Speaking of which, which knot/bow system do you employ?

Since finding 'The Forum', I've started using 'The Shamed Diplomat' with a modified loop tug-stretch: my life has been transformed.

Now if only someone could make an antisceptic, perma-clean lace, all my problems would be over....

Could you demonstrate, describe, illustrate, photograph, or film an example of 'The Shamed Diplomat'?

6. Garfieldthecat

Garfieldthecat Senior Member

Just wear tassled loafers and never worry about laces again! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Britalian

Britalian Distinguished Member

Well, it 's almost the same as the Turtle Knot.

In the final stage it is necessary to tug tightly until almost finished but continue to pull out each loop so that it is marginally longer than the respective tails.