• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

Phrost

Reaction score
Maybe, but I'd have to see it. Fury has two good wins in his entire career. A close, clever win over Klitschko (still a great win). And then a win over Wilder, on the weekend, who's he'd already beaten twice and knocked out in a few rounds the last time they fought.

Look, I'm not saying that Fury loses to Usyk or Joshua, but styles make fights. How often do we see Fury fight slick boxers? Or guys with better feet than him?

Fury’s resume is pretty weak, but that’s not entirely his fault. The heavyweight division was pretty stagnant until recently.

As far as Usyk, like Fury, he’s a special talent and an anomaly. How many HW southpaws have the kind of movement, ring IQ, and stamina he does?

The guy is like a HW Lomachenko.

Usyk is a mid-range fighter. Tactically, I can see Fury use his size advantages to bully Usyk on the inside. Fury would need to be sharper than he was in this fight though.

Fury boxing him like Joshua did at mid-range would be stupid.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
If you knew absolutely nothing about Fury and Wilder and had been forced to make your pick based only on their appearances at the weigh-in, many people would have gone with the lean, chiseled, and muscular Wilder. In comparison, Fury looked the the "before" picture of a workout program. Cannot judge a book by its cover, particularly in boxing.
Yep. My gf wandered by just after they had entered the ring and the camera was doing its back-and-forths. Wanna guess which of those two she thought was a highly conditioned athlete and which one she thought didn't belong in there?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mikey Garcia took an L last night! Not the same after Spence.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mikey Garcia took an L last night! Not the same after Spence.

He's always been a little bit overrated. But he got taken apart last night. It should have been UD - the draw on one judge's scorecard was a joke (and probably a paid-for joke at that).

Elwin Soto also got beaten at junior fly last night - that was more of a surprise to me.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the Paul Brothers circus got even wilder: Logan Paul is scheduled to fight Mike Tyson in February. If, and this is a big if, the fight is not rigged, Tyson will flatline Paul. I'm sure there's a clause in the contract that prevents Tyson from doing so. In any event, I'm going to watch.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Caleb Plant have any chance of making it a good fight with Canelo this Saturday?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, Plant did as well as he could have done. He was right on the upper edge of his ability the whole time, desperately trying to do something to Alvarez. Someone who wasn't that knowlegeable about boxing might even have thought he was 'winning' at times, especially in the first few rounds. But Alvarez is a very patient boxer: he watches, holds off, establishes control, lets his opponents wear themselves out and then either maintains his dominance until the end or if he sees an opportunity, he uses his power to destroy them. It was the latter course last night. Plant was game and well done to him, but he never had a chance.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to see Canelo vs Charlo next. Not sure it will happen....next.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really not sure about Crawford vs. Porter last night. They are friends and I'm not going to say it was a fix because there's not doubt Crawford is the better boxer and deserved to win, but it had the feeling of a glorified sparring session, and Porter's corner pulled the plug as soon as their man got into any serious trouble. Maybe that's how things should be though: no-one got badly hurt, and the best man won.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice interview:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics