• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So who is the best heavyweight boxer on the planet? From what I've read, Fury is an excellent boxer with limited power, Wilder is a mediocre boxer with devastating power, and Joshua is somewhere in between. I'm excited to see how it all shakes out.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Wilder the most. His punching power is off the walls insane.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also give the nod to Wilder.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilder likes to say that he only has to be perfect for two seconds while his opponent has to be perfect for the entire fight. But didn't Fury school him in their first fight?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wilder likes to say that he only has to be perfect for two seconds while his opponent has to be perfect for the entire fight. But didn't Fury school him in their first fight?

Fury was up in the early part of the fight...but 2 late Wilder knockdowns helped scrape out a draw.

Wilder didn’t look good in his last fight either. However, I still say Wilder > Fury > Joshua.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Fury but I think he's very overrated in some circles. He flatters to deceive.

People act like he's this amazing boxer and while he does have a lot more slickness than Wilder or Joshua, it's not like he's Ali. Dude is very good at showboating and acting like he's nicking rounds just by avoiding punches.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are no really good heavyweights around right now. This is definitely not a classic era for heavyweight boxing. Of the choices we have: Fury and Wilder are polar opposites for the reasons people have said. Joshua looks the part, but he tires easily and he's not the most mobile or flexible, and he's defensively suspect. I just hope Usyk can become a real heavyweight contender because he's better than any of these guys in almost all departments.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What a waste of “talent”. He should have stopped trying to be PBF with his AB...about billions BS, fired his father as trainer and focused vs talking trash. Could have been a contender!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kid has a ams good left hook!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Phrost

Reaction score
Some good big-name fights recently. The outcome of Wilder Fury 2 was surprising. I think the general consensus leading up to the fight was either a Wilder TKO/KO or Fury points decision.

I never imagined Fury would hurt and bully Wilder to the point of a corner stoppage. I remember Fury taking 2 solid right hands from Wilder in the first round and him brushing it off. Wilder can’t outfight or can’t generate power going backwards. Unless he scores a KO, I don’t think Wilder is able to make enough adjustments to win their 3rd fight.

I saw some brief highlights of Garcia Vargas. From what I saw, it looked like Mikey likes to wait just a bit too much for the counterpunch. If he does get a fight against Pacquiao, I think Manny still has enough speed and activity to overwhelm Mikey.

There’s rumors of Golovkin Canelo 3 in the fall. I think Golovkin lost his last fight against Sergiy and looked like ****. Going into that fight, I predicted Sergiy’s close-quarter fighting and high work rate would give Golovkin a lot of problems. Golovkin looked like he was hurt a number of times, especially to the body. At this point, the Mexican beef eating superstar possibly knocks out Golovkin.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fury finally realised that being a big guy has its advantages and he could do more than bob and weave. He actually stepped into his punches, literally put more weight behind them - his body punches were as good as the head shots - and spent as much time as he could leaning on Wilder, sapping his energy. Wilder actually looked small in every way, and he you just got the feeling he was lost without a plan. I still don't think this is a vintage generation of heavyweights but that was the best heavyweight fight for a long time. Fury showed in making a diffficult decision to change his trainer, adapting his style and improving his weak points the way he did, that he is by far the best and smartest boxer in the division. Wilder has never shown any signs of being an adaptable fighter, and he has got the basic boxing skills that Fury does, so I am not sure what there is to build on at this stage in his career.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads