• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ref did Conor a favor by stopping it when he did - which was a good stoppage by boxing standards (Conor was getting hit, not throwing back for almost a minute; ref is there to protect the fighter from taking unnecessary punishment). A little bit longer he would have been on the canvas & there would be no excuses from the butthurt McGregor fans. However, Conor (and his fans) can now save face & say he could have went on and recovered & "who knows what would have happened" - which is nonsense

I think Floyd finally lost a step or two at age 40 and being "retired" for 2 years, which is why he got hit more often the first 3 rounds, but from there he realized McGregor didn't have the power to knock him out & he took to the fight to McGregor.

At the end, both guys are laughing to the bank with this one. Will be interesting when the PPV #'s start coming out

harbenly

Reaction score
Note: not into boxing or mma, etc, unskilled observer.

That was lame, from both sides.

From Mayweather, that guy is unwatchably boring.

From McGregor, how are you not in shape with so long to prepare? To be gassed like that at the end was pretty inexcusable.

All that bullshit, and neither guy threw a single punch of note. Boring sport. And going to the press conference with a bottle of whisky is poor.

Yeah I agree, the fight was long and boring.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder where TyCoon is at? The way he posts on here, I wouldn't be shocked if he actually part of TMT.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was shocked by the turnout at the bar at which I watched the fight. Lots of "bros" and lots of women who were probably watching their first (and last) boxing match ever.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was shocked by the turnout at the bar at which I watched the fight. Lots of "bros" and lots of women who were probably watching their first (and last) boxing match ever.

At least Mayweather puts people in seats - possibly unlike an other fighter since Tyson. The women at our house seemed just as interested in the fight as the men. Most boxers or MMA fighters can't do that.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least Mayweather puts people in seats - possibly unlike an other fighter since Tyson. The women at our house seemed just as interested in the fight as the men. Most boxers or MMA fighters can't do that.

Mayweather has accepted & plays off the "heel" role well & that gains peoples' interest to either like him or hate him - which both buy the fight to watch him win or hope he loses. So gotta give him credit for his marketing skills. Tyson was just an enraged beast that naturally got everyone's interest inside/outside of the ring.

McGregor is also a great self-promoter in his own right & has built a huge following in MMA/social media, so he was the perfect guy to bring in for Mayweather's farewell bout - a guy that had little chance to beat him, but would generate a ton of money/PPV buys.

Will be interesting to see what McGregor does next... go back to MMA & demand more money or consider doing more boxing matches since the money is there (hell, even fighting Paulie would be a nice purse)

Last edited:

harbenly

Reaction score
Best part of the fight is reading the continued delusions of Conor fans online. They've gone from "Conor will knock Floyd dead within four rounds" to "Conor outboxed Floyd in the first four rounds and would have won a decision if he hadn't gassed out." :lol:

Haha exactly! There's this photo floating on Facebook, an Irish guy made a tattoo on his arm saying 49-1 :D

Last edited:

harbenly

Reaction score

True

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha exactly! There's this photo which is also floating on Facebook, and Irish guy made a tattoo on his arm saying 49-1 :D

That's called "dick-riding" where I come from!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tank looked like ****. He is starting(started) to believe his own hype. He better get back to work or he may end up being Broner 2.0.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
damn, that was a brutal KO on chocolatito, less than 12 months ago he was #1 pound for pound but that first lost really got to him mentally and he was beaten even before he entered the ring last night

some are saying he is done but I think dude just needs to go back down in weight where can easily manhandle the division and gain some of those confidence back but he certainly needs to stay down there because he just can't handle the bigger guys

Ruvingsai on the other hand looked like a star, also shows how much confidence he got from taking that belt, he has good battles ahead of him especially against the Japanese dude that debut in the US last night, Inoue

now onto Canelo v GGG, still not 100% who I'd pick of the two

GGG would be a genius if he used the Jacobs fight to look vulnerable and lure Canelo but on the other hand, Canelo will come in as the bigger fighter and I am not sure GGGs been hit with as strong a punch as Canelo can throw, not to mention that GGG comes forward while Canelo loves to counter

then again Canelo hasn't really fought in this division either so we'll see

should be a good night, if I were to pick, probably GGG by a slight edge

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure GGGs been hit with as strong a punch as Canelo can throw, not to mention that GGG comes forward while Canelo loves to counter

Surely Lemieux hits as hard as Canelo?

I think Canelo is the one who hasn't been hit by a true middleweight.

I'm 50/50 at the moment.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not sure Lemieux got to hit him flush, GGG pretty much jabbed the hell out and then chopped him down.

I think he knew dude had KO power so he avoided it unlike his fights against Brooks, Monroe and Wade where he was getting hit with combos and just kept moving forward.

Chances are he'd utilize the same strategy he used on Lemieux against Canelo and keep his distance with his jabs.

I agree though, Canelo hasn't been hit either especially since he's been fighting smaller guys his whole career.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads