1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by TyCooN, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

gonna be a good fight. berto will want to redeem himself and so will ortiz. i actually thought berto would win the first fight and thought he would be a good match for manuela.
    i have no dog in that fight so i will just watch.
    yu??

2. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Can we all agree that Kirkland/Angulo was the fight of the year?

3. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

picking Ortiz. I think he has a good understanding on how to deal with Berto

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

holla.....on HBO's Boxing's Best of 2011 tonight at 12!!

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I actually think Berto had a bad night for the first fight..

6. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

watched that again tonight on HBO....great fight!

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Just watched the replay of Cotto v Marg 2 on HBO-Boxing Best of 2011.....
    I was at that fight but it's great to see the replys and commentary.
    Marg is done! Good but not great fight...

8. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

I'd like to see Cotto fight someone with a pulse soon. He has had enough recovery bouts imo.

9. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

From ESPN Dan Rafeal: http://twitter.com/danrafaelespn

"Judge granted Mayweather's request. Apparently he will fight May 5 and must report to jail June 1. Whoa."

"Arum sounded very surprised by the news of Mayweather's continuance. Says now Manny "likely" to go in June. Didnt sound interested in Floyd."

Just Yesterday May was a date that Manny could fight on.

"Besides the opponent, the other thing we need to discuss is whether he'll fight in May or June," Arum said.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7425490/manny-pacquiao-presented-four-options-next-fight

:fu::facepalm:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  10. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

Yeah, because May has ALWAYS been chomping at the bit to fight Manny. Including all those times he backed out for every excuse in the book.

The usual TyCoon revisionist bullshit here folks. Nothing to see. Move along.

11. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

PBF will whip Manuela's ass! Fact!

12. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

we're talking about NOW or the PRESENT

you fail at changing the topic troll
    who do you think both guys will fight if 'the fight' doesn't come off?

13. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

So all that BS was in the past, but now he's serious about fighting, right? Give me a break, you moron.

PBF is the better fighter but he's an idiot and he's already tainted his legacy by the BS he pulled last time they tried to organize a fight. Screw him and his bitchass antics.

14. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

keep up with the news your hero PBF wanted to fight manny 2-3 weeks before the 3rd Marquez fight took place. :facepalm:

You can have a break if you want. Don't hurt yourself from all the stress from these recent events.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  15. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

WTF.....Did I read correctly that one of Manuela's handlers said that they fight does not make economic sense 'cause a 45,000 seat arena being built in Vegas won't be ready in time??
    That is some PUSSY shit! He was exposed during his last fight and knows that Floyd will whip that ass!

16. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Floyd will fight Canelo May 5th. He's Mexican and undefeated and has a following, etc etc. $$$$

PAC will fight Cotto in June seeing it's on the eve on PR day parade in New york.

Arum already knows PAC will loose to Mayweather, it's pretty simple. Hes his biggest cash cow and when PAC looses well it's pretty clear what will happen

17. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Bob Arum: Plan A is Mayweather

18. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

not interested in either fight especially the Cotto rematch. manny's fights with Mosley and margo were already bad enough.

FloydMayweather Floyd Mayweather
    I'm ready to fight Pacquiao 5/5/12 Bob Arum know the date can't change I have my guarantee call Schaefer & Al and stop lying to the public
    5 hours ago

January 16th was Dr. Martin Luther King Birthday January 17th is Muhammad Ali Birthday and May 5th is Pacquiao ass whooping day
    5 hours ago

First They say I'm Ducking the Fight. But now it seems like I'm begging for the fight.. What is going on?
    5 hours ago

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
    Bob, if you need @GoldenBoyBoxing's phone number give me a call & I'll hook you up. I know you have mine. And let's go Giants!! #BobCallGBP
    3 hours ago

19. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Ty, I was thinking about great fights and I think the best fight I ever saw was Chavez vs. Randall 1. Do you remember that. It was Chavez first loss and I remember the "Fight Doctor" Ferdy Percheco (sp?) bascially saying that the fight was just a tune up for Chavez for another fight he had later down the road.

JCC in my opinion was the best fighter I ever saw when I was coming up.

20. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

I didn't know it was meant to just be a tune up. Chavez wasn't always dedicated to training in his career, and I wouldn't be surprised if he overlooked a tune up. It was Randall's first title shot, so he was naturally motivated as can be.

What I like about Julio is how defensively responsible he was despite being a premier aggressive in your face swarmer. Also one of the best bodypunchers ever.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012